Cannot Get On Internet

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Meadowlands NJ, Oct 2, 2004.

  1. I have Verizon DSL as my main ISP. It works fine. I also have an AOL BYOA
    account, I cannot get on the internet with the AOL account. I can only read
    mail. I ran the anti virus check, the spy ware check, I uninstalled AOL,
    Reinstalled AOL,
    checked the device manager, called AOL tech help 5 times--no answers. I
    downloaded WXP Second Edition--that doesn't seem to be the problem. If I open
    up Netscape or MSIE while I'm on AOL they wotk. I also can't see artwork in
    the AOL mail. The only reason I like AOL is because the mail boxes are big
    which is what I need. I'm just curious as to why this happened, noone can
    figure it out.

    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Donna

    But now we got weapons
    Of the chemical dust
    If fire them we're forced to
    Then fire them we must
    One push of the button
    And a shot the world wide
    And you never ask questions
    When God's on your side.
    With God on Our Side
    Bob Dylan

    Meadowlands NJ, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Meadowlands NJ

    Wizard Guest

    It's an AOL problem. Try a previous version.

    --
    "Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the
    statue."

    Wizard, Oct 2, 2004

    :

    --
    I'm out of sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

    Martin O'Brien, Oct 2, 2004