    Registered Nurse
    Los Angeles, California

    webpage temporarily down

    Camilla Cracchiolo, May 4, 2004

  2. Camilla Cracchiolo wrote:

    > It used to work. I had mozilla 1.6 then 1.7 installed. Then I
    > developed a glitch in 1.7 where it would not save any image files from
    > the context menu. So I tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling. I
    > had different makes saved in different directories so when I tried
    > uninstalling, only the first version uninstalled properly, then the
    > rest kept giving me "can't find uninstall log" pop up messages, so I
    > deleted by hand.
    >
    > Now after reinstalling 1.6, the orange screen comes up and it freezes.
    > I can't get Netscape 7.1 to work either although Netscape 4.8 DOES
    > work.
    >
    > HELP!

    Take a look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org\GRE

    You probably have a backlog of GRE's built up from all these
    uninstall/reinstalls. You only need two, one for NS 7.1, and one for Moz.

    Uninstall both NS 7.1 and Moz. Delete the GRE folder (path above).
    Reinstall Moz and NS 7.1. You should find only two, one for 7.1, and one
    for Moz.

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org

    Leonidas Jones, May 4, 2004

  3. On Tue, 04 May 2004 02:09:14 GMT, Leonidas Jones
    <> wrote:

    >Take a look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org\GRE
    >
    >You probably have a backlog of GRE's built up from all these
    >uninstall/reinstalls. You only need two, one for NS 7.1, and one for Moz.
    >
    >Uninstall both NS 7.1 and Moz. Delete the GRE folder (path above).
    >Reinstall Moz and NS 7.1. You should find only two, one for 7.1, and one
    >for Moz.
    >
    >Lee

    Did all that. Sorry, it still doesn't work. Neither Net 7.1 or
    Mozilla. Did clean up the uninstall list, though. Also, there
    weren't any files in my GRE folder. That was kind of strange....

    Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.

    Thanks.

    Camilla Cracchiolo
    Registered Nurse
    Los Angeles, California

    webpage temporarily down

    Camilla Cracchiolo, May 4, 2004
  4. Camilla Cracchiolo wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 May 2004 02:09:14 GMT, Leonidas Jones
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Take a look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org\GRE
    >>
    >>You probably have a backlog of GRE's built up from all these
    >>uninstall/reinstalls. You only need two, one for NS 7.1, and one for Moz.
    >>
    >>Uninstall both NS 7.1 and Moz. Delete the GRE folder (path above).
    >>Reinstall Moz and NS 7.1. You should find only two, one for 7.1, and one
    >>for Moz.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > Did all that. Sorry, it still doesn't work. Neither Net 7.1 or
    > Mozilla. Did clean up the uninstall list, though. Also, there
    > weren't any files in my GRE folder. That was kind of strange....
    >
    > Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Well, if there are no files in the GRE folder, neither NS 7.1 or Moz
    will run. GRE is Gecko Runtime Environment, its the guts of the browser
    engine.

    Not sure what to suggest now. Uninstall everything, NS 7.1 and all Moz
    versions form ADD/Remove Programs. Then delete the Program
    File\mozilla.org folder, and the Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org
    folder.

    Also rename your profile folder, so Moz can't find it. Since you're
    using Agent, I can't get a read on your OS to give you the path.

    With these done, reinstall Moz. It should create a clean profile, and
    should open up. You can then transfer data from your old profile to the
    new.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, May 4, 2004
  5. thank you, you're an angel! I did a windows search for
    profile, renamed everything that looked relevant & it now works!

    Thanks again.

    On Tue, 04 May 2004 04:18:24 GMT, Leonidas Jones
    <> wrote:

    >Camilla Cracchiolo wrote:
    >> On Tue, 04 May 2004 02:09:14 GMT, Leonidas Jones
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Take a look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org\GRE
    >>>
    >>>You probably have a backlog of GRE's built up from all these
    >>>uninstall/reinstalls. You only need two, one for NS 7.1, and one for Moz.
    >>>
    >>>Uninstall both NS 7.1 and Moz. Delete the GRE folder (path above).
    >>>Reinstall Moz and NS 7.1. You should find only two, one for 7.1, and one
    >>>for Moz.
    >>>
    >>>Lee

    >> Did all that. Sorry, it still doesn't work. Neither Net 7.1 or
    >> Mozilla. Did clean up the uninstall list, though. Also, there
    >> weren't any files in my GRE folder. That was kind of strange....
    >>
    >> Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    >Well, if there are no files in the GRE folder, neither NS 7.1 or Moz
    >will run. GRE is Gecko Runtime Environment, its the guts of the browser
    >engine.
    >
    >Not sure what to suggest now. Uninstall everything, NS 7.1 and all Moz
    >versions form ADD/Remove Programs. Then delete the Program
    >File\mozilla.org folder, and the Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org
    >folder.
    >
    >Also rename your profile folder, so Moz can't find it. Since you're
    >using Agent, I can't get a read on your OS to give you the path.
    >
    >With these done, reinstall Moz. It should create a clean profile, and
    >should open up. You can then transfer data from your old profile to the
    >new.
    >
    >Lee

    Camilla Cracchiolo
    Registered Nurse
    Los Angeles, California

    webpage temporarily down

    Camilla Cracchiolo, May 6, 2004
  6. Camilla Cracchiolo wrote:

    > thank you, you're an angel! I did a windows search for
    > profile, renamed everything that looked relevant & it now works!
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > On Tue, 04 May 2004 04:18:24 GMT, Leonidas Jones
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Camilla Cracchiolo wrote:

    >>>Did all that. Sorry, it still doesn't work. Neither Net 7.1 or
    >>>Mozilla. Did clean up the uninstall list, though. Also, there
    >>>weren't any files in my GRE folder. That was kind of strange....
    >>>
    >>>Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

    >>Well, if there are no files in the GRE folder, neither NS 7.1 or Moz
    >>will run. GRE is Gecko Runtime Environment, its the guts of the browser
    >>engine.
    >>
    >>Not sure what to suggest now. Uninstall everything, NS 7.1 and all Moz
    >>versions form ADD/Remove Programs. Then delete the Program
    >>File\mozilla.org folder, and the Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org
    >>folder.
    >>
    >>Also rename your profile folder, so Moz can't find it. Since you're
    >>using Agent, I can't get a read on your OS to give you the path.
    >>
    >>With these done, reinstall Moz. It should create a clean profile, and
    >>should open up. You can then transfer data from your old profile to the
    >>new.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > Camilla Cracchiolo
    > Registered Nurse