Cannot get J2SE runtime to install

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by wewa, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. wewa

    wewa Guest

    Hello,

    I posted previously, and i think one person said that they had Java working.
    I have tried and tried, but won't install on build 1433.
    Everything else seems to run/install fine so far, including my creative usb
    sound box, PCI Express Nvidia, SATA onboard, etc.

    Everytime i run the J2SE installer, jre-1_5_0_02-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe
    either from firefox 104, or from download, it has a installer error:

    Windows installer -> Preparing to install -> i accept the terms ->
    Typical -> Next -> ERROR

    Windows installer has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    Please tell microsoft about this problem. [Send] [Don't Send]
    Error Report contents: msiexec.exe 3.1.4000.1433

    Did some googling and read that Java is not x64 compatible at this time, so
    i'm wondering why someone said it worked, or was working for them. a earlier
    version?

    Tried Windows Install cleanup utility also.

    any suggestions?

    thanks.

    wewa, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Go to http://www.java.com download it ther, but it only works with IE 32-Bit
    and I'm not sure about a beta version of XP x64 that is not supported by
    Microsoft.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2005

  3. Start on this page: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp and you
    find links for Windows AMD64.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 8, 2005
  4. wewa

    wewa Guest

    andre,

    thanks for that link. did not see amd version before.
    but still the same. i get a 'send error to microsoft' right after i click
    'next' at the 'typical install' screen.

    i guess something wrong with my msiexec file?

    wewa, Jun 10, 2005
  5. wewa wrote:
    > andre,
    >
    > thanks for that link. did not see amd version before.
    > but still the same. i get a 'send error to microsoft' right after i click
    > 'next' at the 'typical install' screen.
    >
    > i guess something wrong with my msiexec file?

    The plugin doesn't work for Windows XP Pro x64. Here is a quote from
    Sun's site: "Installation Instructions
    This procedure installs the JDK, but not the Java Plug-in, Java Web
    Start or public Java 2 Runtime Environment (which are not yet available
    for 64-bit Windows). "

    Hope this clears things up.

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 10, 2005