    im not very clued up on computers basicly i know little past browsing web.i
    would say the instructions are not very user friendly for the wireless
    router.if anyone could help me this would be much appreciated, thanx kevin
    =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4sIGR1bmRlZQ==?=, Aug 14, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4sIGR1bmRlZQ==?=

    Lem Guest

    kevin wrote:
    > i have telewest broadband in my home and would like 2 have my laptop wireless
    > as it is the only computer in the house.ive been having problems.. i bought a
    > 802.11b/g wireless broadband router i think its made by "sum vision" also had
    > 2 buy a usb flash drive as my laptop is not wireless enabled.when plugging in
    > usb and wireless router i can see on the network connections that my wireless
    > connection is connected and the signal strenth is excellent, but i just cant
    > seem to get connected to the internet. it just gives me the page not found.
    > im not very clued up on computers basicly i know little past browsing web.i
    > would say the instructions are not very user friendly for the wireless
    > router.if anyone could help me this would be much appreciated, thanx kevin

    Although you apparently are in the UK, you've bought Chinese equipment
    for which there seems to be no on-line support, so it's hard to help you
    out with any specific advice. Also, you presumably didn't buy a "usb
    flash drive," but bought a USB wireless adapter.

    What version of Windows are you using? If some version of XP, what
    service pack?

    What have you done to set up the router? What did you do to install the
    usb adapter?

    Did you configure the router with a unique SSID, so that you know that
    the wireless connection that you think you have is actually yours?

    See if "My new Wireless Computer does not work with a Wireless Router,
    or an Access Point" (http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html) helps.

    If you still have difficulty, post back giving as much detail as you can
    with respect to what you've done and what error messages, if any, you've
    received. Don't omit information for brevity's sake.
    Lem, Aug 14, 2006