Cannot get a folder to appear in My Network Places

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by JerryI, Mar 4, 2008.

  1. JerryI

    JerryI Guest

    I am trying to network-share several folders on my desktop computer,
    specifically: c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Excel, c:\Documents and
    Settings\All Users\JPG, c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Turbotax Files,
    c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Word and txt

    For some reason this desktop computer does not have a folder entitled Shared
    Documents. The usual Shared Documents folder seems to be entitled Documents.
    Does that matter?

    In attempting to share, for each of the four folders I have checked both
    boxes under Network sharing and security: Share this folder on the network,
    and Allow network users to change my files.

    When I look at My Network Places on this desktop computer, I see three of
    the four folders, but not the JPG folder. (Until a week or so ago, the JPG
    folder WAS available for sharing. I have unshared and reshared it numerous
    times to try to restore its functionality, to no avail.)

    When I go to another computer on my network and look at My Network Places I
    also cannot see the JPG folder. (I have rebooted the desktop computer and
    the other network computer numerous times to try to regain sharing
    functonality for this JPG folder, to no avail.)

    How can I get this JPG folder to behave properly as a shared folder so I can
    access it from my other network computers?
    --
    JerryI
    JerryI, Mar 4, 2008