    going bad? or what?
    Goodwill,
    Luke
    The Stone Crusher, Apr 3, 2009

  2. The Stone Crusher

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:15:36 -0500, "The Stone Crusher"
    <> wrote:

    >I am trying to copy a large number of files from one external hard drive to
    >another external hard drive.
    >I have even tried to copy the files to my internal hard drive with the same
    >results. I am running XP SP2.
    >I am able to delete files from the source drive but unable to copy them to
    >another location. Is my HD
    >going bad? or what?

    Isn't this the same question you asked a few weeks ago?

    From: "The Stone Crusher" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Copying Files
    Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:49:57 -0500

  3. The Stone Crusher

    dood

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Messages:
    7
    It could be related to long path names...on the files that error, copy them to the root of their drive and retry your copy operation and see if that helps
    dood, Apr 3, 2009
  4. Evan Platt wrote:

    > "The Stone Crusher" <> wrote:
    >> I am trying to copy a large number of files from one external hard
    >> drive to another external hard drive. I have even tried to copy the
    >> files to my internal hard drive with the same results. ...
    >> Is my HD going bad? or what?

    > Isn't this the same question you asked a few weeks ago?

    Yes, it is. Luke is that way. Asks a question, and frequently never
    comes back to the thread with a response. I've given up answering his
    questions. It's a fruitless effort.

    He has been posting odd questions like this for years, since way back
    when he used ProComm Plus for Usenet (that was a trip!).

    Luke, do you have the box the computer came in?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 3, 2009
  5. Sorry you take objection to my postings. Please disregard any you see with
    my screen name.

    You remember when I was using Procomm, perhaps, you can remember some of the
    irrelevant replies I have gotten to
    request. For example, you remember I posted the question before. Do you
    remember any of the responses? I don't!
    Obviously none were relevant or I would not have posted it again.

    I would suggest that from the unhelpful attitude you exhibit you take the
    box your computer came in and pull it over
    your head - if it will fit.

    When people ask me for help, regardless of how basic their question might
    be, I always try to help. I remember that
    there was a time when I had been where they are. Many times they ask the
    same question, but I am still civil with
    them. It seems for some people this newsgroup, and many others, are an
    outlet for ego agrandizement. It is fit
    for people who never come into actual one-to-one relationship with others.
    I believe it was Marin Buber who
    expressed it best in his "I and Thou". Read it, you might learn something.
    Goodwill,
    Luke

    P.S. You don't seem to have an answer to my question.

    The Stone Crusher, Apr 5, 2009
  6. The Stone Crusher

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 19:11:12 -0500, "The Stone Crusher"
    <> wrote:

    >Sorry you take objection to my postings. Please disregard any you see with
    >my screen name.

    That's not a bad idea...

    >You remember when I was using Procomm, perhaps, you can remember some of the
    >irrelevant replies I have gotten to
    >request. For example, you remember I posted the question before. Do you
    >remember any of the responses? I don't!
    >Obviously none were relevant or I would not have posted it again.

    Uhhh no, sorry. The point is if you don't like the answers or don't
    get satisfactory answers, follow up - don't create a new thread.

    >I would suggest that from the unhelpful attitude you exhibit you take the
    >box your computer came in and pull it over
    >your head - if it will fit.

    I'd suggest you do the same too.
    Evan Platt, Apr 5, 2009