Cannot Find Removable Drive...

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Rick W., Mar 10, 2005.

  1. Rick W.

    Rick W. Guest

    System: Intel Pentium P4 - 2.53, GHz 1GB Ram. OS: Windows XP Pro SP1 OEM

    Picked up a Polaroild PDC3030 digital camera. Loaded necessary software as
    per the manufacturer's instruction. Upon reboot, the removable drive cannot
    be found in My Computer, but can be located in Administrative Tools >> Disk
    Management where it is reported as Drive F: It is also visible in the Device
    Manager under Disk Drives, Storage Devices and USB. The techs at Polaroid
    state the camera was installed correctly. For the time being, antivirus and
    firewalls have been disabled. The computer is not on a network. Polaroid's'
    tech support insist I install Windows XP SP2 - I fail to see how this will
    remedy the situation, the packaging states the camera will operate on
    various OS's from Windows 98 to Windows XP.

    My Question(s):

    Is there a way to force the drive to become visible in My Computer? If so,
    please elaborate.

    Is there a way to map or share a removable drive?

    Will Windows XP SP2 correct this abnormality?

    Thank you for your time, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

    Rick W., Mar 10, 2005

  2. Rick W.

    Rick W. Guest

    Problem solved

    Removable drive problem solved. Updated to SP2 and newer antivirus
    software - working perfectly.

    Rick W., Mar 11, 2005