    Is this supposed to work like that ? Like a security feature ?

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jun 14, 2011

  2. It's probably not a security feature since I can download to a normal disk
    just fine... just not the vhd disk...

    I think it has to do with security properties.

    Perhaps windows 8 could have a feature called:

    "apply normal disk security policies" to a vhd.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jun 14, 2011

  3. Very strange....

    The converted vhd has same permission as windows 7 created vhd.

    Only difference is the converted vhd has some special permissions for "sub
    folders" only and such.

    I wonder if the vhd created by windows 7 is downloadable-to...

    None of the vhd's have write permissions for certain users... but I can
    still write files there which is also kinda strange.

    Next time I need to download a file I will try and save it to the windows
    created vhd to see if that will work.

    I tried a picture and that worked...

    Bye,
    Skybuck.