    hope someone can help me

    Regards

    Lee
    Lee Something, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Lee Something

    Harrison Guest

    If you right-click the messages, and click Delete, will they go?

    Harrison, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Lee Something

    joe Guest

    "Lee Something" <> wrote in
    message news:bmka83$5js$...
    > I Am Trying to Delete These Read Messeges From Here But My Delete Key Aint
    > Working on Outlook.
    >
    > But it works on everyother piece of software i have,
    >
    > This is very strange,
    >
    > hope someone can help me
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Lee

    It is your OE software. Check in your preferences or in the HELP File.
    joe, Oct 15, 2003
  4. I have tried but there is no delete option when i right-click

    I'm using windows XP and IE 6.0

    Regards

    Lee
    Lee Something, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Lee Something

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Lee Something said:

    > I have tried but there is no delete option when i right-click
    >
    > I'm using windows XP and IE 6.0
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Lee

    And your User Profile has Admin rights/permissions?
    Brian H¹©, Oct 15, 2003
  6. Lee Something

    Patrick Guest

    Lee Something wrote:
    > I have tried but there is no delete option when i right-click
    >
    > I'm using windows XP and IE 6.0
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Lee

    I have no 'delete' on a right-click !
    I do have (that work) 'Delete' on the 'Edit' menu, a 'Delete' button on
    Toolbar and the 'Delete' key on K'b
    Patrick, Oct 15, 2003
  7. The delete option is there on the edit but it is "greyed" out

    Regards

    Lee

    Lee Something, Oct 15, 2003
  8. Yea it has permissions, admin account

    Lee

    Lee Something, Oct 15, 2003
  9. Lee Something

    Harrison Guest

    Is that how you delete or purge messages in OE?
    I run Agent, so I don't know.

    Harrison, Oct 15, 2003
  10. Lee Something

    Harrison Guest

    Found this on Google:

    You may have a corrupted Inbox and Deleted Item folder.

    1. In OE> FILE> Work Off-line.
    2. Open the Inbox folder & Deleted Items folder, move all the messages
    that you want to keep out of these files.
    **In the future Do Not store large amounts of messages in your Inbox
    folder, but create message rules to move them into Local folders that
    you create, when they are first downloaded from the server.
    3. In OE> TOOLS> Options> Maintenance Tab> Make sure Background
    Compaction is turned off.
    4. In OE> FILE> Folders> Compact All.
    **Do nothing with your PC until this process has completed. You will
    need to manually Compact your folders regularly in OE.
    5. Close/restart OE.
    6. From a local mail folder, copy a message into the Inbox folder (or
    move a message into the Inbox folder that you have no problem
    deleting).
    7. In the Inbox folder, delete the message.
    8. Left-click the Deleted Items folder> Select Empty "Deleted Items"
    folder.

    If this fails you will need to Delete both Inbox.dbx & Deleted
    Items.dbx
    files for that Identity.
    1. Open OE> TOOLS> Options> Maintenance tab> Store folder button.\
    2. Remember or write down the Path for the Folder containing OE's
    *.DBX
    files.
    3. Close OE.
    4. Open the folder containing OE's *.DBX files and DELETE, the
    INBOX.dbx
    & Deleted Items.dbx files.
    5. Re-open OE, and you should be able to delete messages.

    Harrison, Oct 15, 2003
  11. Lee Something

    Trent C Guest

    > I Am Trying to Delete These Read Messeges From Here But My Delete Key Aint
    > Working on Outlook.
    >
    > But it works on everyother piece of software i have,
    >
    > This is very strange,
    >
    > hope someone can help me

    While you should be able to delete emails from your Inbox/Sent Items etc,
    you cannot delete newsgroup messages from your copy of Outlook Express by
    the method you described. However, have an amble through the Tools -
    Options - Maintenance window to see other possibilities for housekeeping.
    Trent C, Oct 15, 2003
  12. Lee Something

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Trent C said:

    >> I Am Trying to Delete These Read Messeges From Here But My Delete Key Aint
    >> Working on Outlook.
    >>
    >> But it works on everyother piece of software i have,
    >>
    >> This is very strange,
    >>
    >> hope someone can help me

    > While you should be able to delete emails from your Inbox/Sent Items etc,
    > you cannot delete newsgroup messages from your copy of Outlook Express by
    > the method you described. However, have an amble through the Tools -
    > Options - Maintenance window to see other possibilities for housekeeping.

    The delete function in OE newsgroup posts permits deletion from the local cache,
    if there was not a use for a delete function in newsgroups, the option would not
    even be available in the software.
    Brian H¹©, Oct 15, 2003
  13. Hi Harrison,

    its only the news stuff that i cannot delete.

    thanx

    Lee

    Lee Something, Oct 15, 2003
  14. Lee Something

    trout Guest

    Lee Something wrote:

    > I Am Trying to Delete These Read Messeges From Here But My Delete Key
    > Aint Working on Outlook.
    >
    > But it works on everyother piece of software i have,
    >
    > This is very strange,
    >
    > hope someone can help me
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Lee

    What OS are you using? Might try the 'repair' function.
    --
    "Thought it might be mentioned by now....."
    trout, Oct 15, 2003