    When I run this utility, nothing happens.
    How can I delete this jpg from my card??
    Thanks!
    Terri, Aug 12, 2005

  2. On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:06:34 -0400, "Terri" <>
    wrote:

    >I have recd the following message when trying to delete a jpg from my
    >SanDisk Compact Flash (using Nikon Coolpix 775)
    >"The file or directory /DCIM/100 Nikon/DSCN1225.jog is correct and
    >unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
    >When I run this utility, nothing happens.
    >How can I delete this jpg from my card??
    >Thanks!

    Reformat the card....

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
    John A. Stovall, Aug 12, 2005

  3. Terri

    Mike Warren Guest

    Terri wrote:
    > I have recd the following message when trying to delete a jpg from my
    > SanDisk Compact Flash (using Nikon Coolpix 775)
    > "The file or directory /DCIM/100 Nikon/DSCN1225.jog is correct and
    > unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
    > When I run this utility, nothing happens.
    > How can I delete this jpg from my card??

    Are you sure it doesn't say it is "corrupt"?

    Anyway, put the card back in your camera and format it.
    Don't forget to get all the other images you want off the card
    first.

    -Mike
    Mike Warren, Aug 12, 2005
  4. Terri wrote:
    > I have recd the following message when trying to delete a jpg from my
    > SanDisk Compact Flash (using Nikon Coolpix 775)
    > "The file or directory /DCIM/100 Nikon/DSCN1225.jog is correct and
    > unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
    > When I run this utility, nothing happens.
    > How can I delete this jpg from my card??
    > Thanks!

    If you don't want anything else on the card, format it in the camera.

    David
    David J Taylor, Aug 12, 2005
  5. Terri

    Guest

    Formatting will get rid of everything on the card so beware!!

    , Aug 12, 2005
  6. On 12 Aug 2005 08:59:49 -0700, wrote:

    >Formatting will get rid of everything on the card so beware!!

    If you don't know that you don't need to be using a digital camera.

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/
    John A. Stovall, Aug 12, 2005
  7. Terri

    Guest

    wrote:

    >I have recd the following message when trying to delete a jpg from my
    >SanDisk Compact Flash (using Nikon Coolpix 775)
    >"The file or directory /DCIM/100 Nikon/DSCN1225.jog is correct and
    >unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility"
    >When I run this utility, nothing happens.
    >How can I delete this jpg from my card??
    >Thanks!

    You might try "chkdsk /F" as in "fix".
    , Aug 12, 2005