    --
    Jennifer Lopez Lingerie *plus* Gourmet Goodies
    www.cafepress.com/dwacon

    dwåcôn, Sep 14, 2005

  2. dwåcôn

    Guest

    I had the same thing but I forgot what prog I used.
    I'll look for others

    Try this link to "unlocker"
    http://ccollomb.free.fr

    also try DELINVFILE
    http://www.exefind.com/DelinvFile-P5570.html

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:19:02 -0400, "dwåcôn" <>
    wrote:

    >Got another of those gotchas where after uninstalling software it leaves a
    >xxx.tmp directory behind that can't be deleted -- even after I rebooted the
    >PC.
    >
    >Help!

    , Sep 14, 2005

  3. dwåcôn

    Toolman Tim Guest

    dwåcôn wrote:
    > Got another of those gotchas where after uninstalling software it
    > leaves a xxx.tmp directory behind that can't be deleted -- even after
    > I rebooted the PC.
    >
    > Help!

    And with all the time you spend in this newsgroup, you don't know how to
    look for answers already given to common problems?

    Toolman Tim, Sep 14, 2005
  4. dwåcôn

    ~misty Guest

    dwåcôn wrote:
    > Got another of those gotchas where after uninstalling software it
    > leaves a xxx.tmp directory behind that can't be deleted -- even after
    > I rebooted the PC.
    >
    > Help!

    The help given to me in a recent thread was to shut off my system restore
    and then delete the leftover stuff. Worked perfectly! Don't forget to turn
    System Restore back on after you are done!
    --
    http://mistymage.com/
    to email me use Groups At mistymage Dot com

    ~misty, Sep 14, 2005
  5. "dwåcôn" <> wrote in message
    > Got another of those gotchas where after uninstalling software it leaves a
    > xxx.tmp directory behind that can't be deleted -- even after I rebooted
    > the PC.

    P.S. Shorten your signature. The trailing 9 blank lines are superfluous and
    require respondents to edit your post (more than they should have to).

    Try rebooting into Recovery Console mode. If you don't have it installed or
    know how to run from the installation CD, use Start -> Help and Support to
    lookup "recovery console".

    When you say "can't be deleted", that says NOTHING as to what error you
    received when you try to delete. Is the error "file in use"? If so, some
    process still is using that file by the time you get around to trying to
    delete it. You can use the handle.exe utility from SysInternals to see
    which process has an open file handle on that file. Otherwise, and if it is
    explorer.exe itself (which is always running because it is used for the
    desktop GUI process), try the following:

    - Open Task Manager and display the Processes panel. Leave it open until
    told to close it later.
    - Kill all instances of the explorer.exe process.
    - The desktop GUI will disappear.
    - Use the File -> New Task in Task Manager to open a DOS shell (run
    "cmd.exe").
    - In the DOS shell, navigate to the path for the problematic file and then
    use the "del" command to delete it.
    - Enter "exit" in the DOS shell to close it.
    - In Task Manager, use the File -> New Task to start a new instance of
    "explorer.exe".
    - The desktop GUI reappears.
    - Close Task Manager.
    E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.

    Vanguard \(NPI\), Sep 14, 2005
  6. dwåcôn

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Sep 14, 2005
  7. dwåcôn

    Plato Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

    My daughter gets kicks out of driving through the EZpass lanes w/o a
    pass/transponder.

    The "ticket" gets mailed to me of course, with a picture of the back of
    her car.

    She always pays me the $20. I think she just likes to see me get red in
    the face :)

    Plato, Sep 14, 2005
  8. dwåcôn

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >> Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

    > My daughter gets kicks out of driving through the EZpass lanes w/o a
    > pass/transponder.
    >
    > The "ticket" gets mailed to me of course, with a picture of the back
    > of her car.
    >
    > She always pays me the $20. I think she just likes to see me get red
    > in the face :)

    Heh heh <g> Kids...geez...

    Toolman Tim, Sep 14, 2005