CANNOT CONNECT TO WANADOO LIVEBOX

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack Jarmush, Jan 13, 2007.

  1. Jack Jarmush

    Jack Jarmush Guest

    Hello Group,
    I just bought a used Dell Latitude laptop and cannot configure it to
    connect to my wireless SSID signal , I use Livebox from Wanadoo. It was
    working before with another Dell Latitude which I since gave to my
    Mother. I was using a different PMCIA wireless adapter on the old
    laptop though (forgot the name). Now I have a new D-Link DWL-G650+
    PMCIA wireless adapter and another wireless adapter that came with the
    Livebox which plugs into USB. I have them both hooked up and drivers
    appear to be correct but neither will connect to the Livebox. They both
    see my SSID but will not connect. I am using Windows to configure both
    adapters, the D-Link card is configured like this:

    WinXP
    D-Link card properties/Wireless Networks

    checked - 'use Windows to configure my wireless network settings'

    my SSID is in the preferred networks list.

    properties of my SSID are:

    under Association tab;

    Network authentication - Open
    Data encription - WEP
    checked - The key is provided for me automatically

    under Authentication tab;

    checked - Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network
    EAP type - PEAP

    I never had a problem before connecting to a wireless network so never
    tweaked these settings, I'm not sure where the problem is but am
    guessing it's a configuration issue.

    I spent é days trying to solve this problem and now I'm going in
    circles so if anyone of you nice people out there can help me it would
    be very appreciated.

    Jack Jarmush, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Jack Jarmush

    Nnabu

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi Folks!

    I am having exactly the same issue as the previous post. Any advice would be highly appreciated, before the grey hairs return.

    New Dell laptop with Vista Ultimate. Should be very simple, but proving a nightmare with many sleepless nights at the moment.

    Many thanks in advance anyone out there!

    Regards,
    Nnabu

    Nnabu, Aug 12, 2009