    have all of the drivers installed and i have disabled norton security center
    but it still doesn't work!

    HELP ME!

    =?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9yIE93ZW5z?=, Apr 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9yIE93ZW5z?=

    Malke Guest

    Taylor Owens wrote:

    > I have a wireless network and it wont connect or find the other
    > printer yet i have all of the drivers installed and i have disabled
    > norton security center but it still doesn't work!
    >
    > HELP ME!

    This is not enough information to get focused help. Is the printer
    connected to another computer or directly to the network? The Norton
    Security Center is only an alerter - you need to configure the Norton
    *firewall*. What operating systems (versions, Service Pack levels) are
    involved? What exactly does "it won't connect" mean? Are your wireless
    computers able to get to the Internet? Are you getting any error
    messages? If so, quote the text. Here is a link that will show you what
    kind of information you should include in your next post:

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    In the meantime, here are some links with basic wireless and networking
    information:

    http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by Hans-Georg
    Michna
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

    http://www.ezlan.net/index.html

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Apr 26, 2006

  3. The printer is connected to another computer. I don’t know exactly how to
    configure the Norton Firewall. I am running Windows XP on both systems and
    have Service Pack 2 on both computers. I am running Network Magic (a
    networking program) and it recognizes it. My computer just won’t find the
    other printer hooked up to the network. Error message says that Norton needs
    to be configured but I don’t know how to. Then it says I have to have Network
    Magic on both computers which I do.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9yIE93ZW5z?=, Apr 27, 2006
  4. The printer is connected to another computer. I don’t know exactly how to
    configure the Norton Firewall. I am running Windows XP on both systems and
    have Service Pack 2 on both computers. I am running Network Magic (a
    networking program) and it recognizes it. My computer just won’t find the
    other printer hooked up to the network. Error message says that Norton needs
    to be configured but I don’t know how to. Then it says I have to have Network
    Magic on both computers which I do.
    An error message I get:
    {\\Computername is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    if you have access permissions.

    The network path was not found.}

    =?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9yIE93ZW5z?=, Apr 27, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9yIE93ZW5z?=

    Malke Guest

    Taylor Owens wrote:

    > The printer is connected to another computer. I don’t know exactly how
    > to configure the Norton Firewall. I am running Windows XP on both
    > systems and have Service Pack 2 on both computers. I am running
    > Network Magic (a networking program) and it recognizes it. My computer
    > just won’t find the other printer hooked up to the network. Error
    > message says that Norton needs to be configured but I don’t know how
    > to. Then it says I have to have Network Magic on both computers which
    > I do.

    OK, I can't help you with anything to do with the third-party Network
    Magic program. I don't know it and I don't use it. I also don't use
    Norton products, but I'm sure there is a Help file. It sounds like you
    have misconfigured the firewall(s). I would just disable or uninstall
    Network Magic and use Windows to configure your network as follows:

    Run the Network Setup Wizard on both computers, making sure to enable
    File & Printer Sharing, and reboot. The only "gotcha" is that this will
    turn on the XPSP2 Windows Firewall. If you aren't running a third-party
    firewall or have an antivirus with "Internet Worm Protection" (like
    Norton 2005/06) which acts as a firewall, then you're fine. If you have
    third-party firewall software, configure it to allow the Local Area
    Network traffic as trusted. I usually do this with my firewalls with an
    IP range. Ex. would be 192.168.1.0-192.168.1.254. Obviously you would
    substitute your correct subnet.

    Shared Documents folder.

    If that doesn't work for you, here is an excellent network
    troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna. Take the time to go through it
    and it will usually pinpoint the problem area(s) -
    http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm

    Malke

    Malke, Apr 27, 2006