    security-related settings and see no explanation.

    Thanks for any suggestions!

    -Doug

    Dougbert, Nov 23, 2006

  2. Dougbert

    David Hettel Guest

    When you attempt to ping the address on the computer that can't is it trying
    to ping the same numerical value as the computer that can?

    C:\Users\DAH>ping dhl.com

    Pinging dhl.com [199.41.238.47] with 32 bytes of data:

    Ping statistics for 199.41.238.47:

    So in my example above (if dhl.com was the problem site) are both computers
    trying to ping 199.41.238.47?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 23, 2006

  3. Dougbert

    Dougbert Guest

    Yes, both computers are pinging the same IP address. It works instantly on
    one, but times out on the other. Strange. Thank you for your time and Happy
    Thanksgiving,

    -Doug

    Dougbert, Nov 23, 2006
  4. Re: Cannot connect to ONE SINGLE Web site / IP address.

    The most likely possibility is Internet security or proxy software. Also
    some routers can block specific IPs on a per client basis. An unlikely but
    possible cause would be a bad static route. On the problem machine open a
    command prompt and: route print

    See if you have a static route to the IP of the power company site or its
    network.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Dougbert" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, both computers are pinging the same IP address. It works instantly on
    > one, but times out on the other. Strange. Thank you for your time and

    Happy
    > Thanksgiving,
    >
    > -Doug
    >

    > "David Hettel" <> wrote in message
    > > When you attempt to ping the address on the computer that can't is it
    > > trying to ping the same numerical value as the computer that can?
    > >
    > > C:\Users\DAH>ping dhl.com
    > >
    > > Pinging dhl.com [199.41.238.47] with 32 bytes of data:
    > >
    > > Reply from 199.41.238.47: bytes=32 time=85ms TTL=233
    > > Reply from 199.41.238.47: bytes=32 time=84ms TTL=233
    > > Reply from 199.41.238.47: bytes=32 time=83ms TTL=233
    > > Reply from 199.41.238.47: bytes=32 time=84ms TTL=233
    > >
    > > Ping statistics for 199.41.238.47:
    > > Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    > > Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    > > Minimum = 83ms, Maximum = 85ms, Average = 84ms
    > >
    > > So in my example above (if dhl.com was the problem site) are both
    > > computers trying to ping 199.41.238.47?
    > >
    > > --
    > > David Hettel
    > >
    > > Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group for
    > > everyone
    > > to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions addressed directly to

    me
    > > in
    > > E-mail or news groups.
    > >
    > > Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Program
    > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > >
    > > DISCLAIMER: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranty of any

    kind,
    > > either expressed or implied, made in relation to the accuracy,

    reliability

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Nov 24, 2006
  5. Dougbert

    Dougbert Guest

    RESOLVED: Cannot connect to ONE SINGLE Web site / IP address.

    Rolling back to the previous version of my Netgear WPN311 adapter software
    (1.2 vs 1.3) resolved this unusual problem where I could not access a
    handful of Web sites. Thanks,

    -Doug

    Dougbert, Nov 25, 2006
  6. Dougbert

    amirjr

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    hello guys, i have kind of the same problem which is frustrating . i used to connect to r6-forum.com and now i cannot. i have two laptops and both of them cannot access the site. all i get is network time out. i need help plz. i ll provide the details if anyone is interested in helping me.
    thank you in advance

    amirjr, Jun 23, 2009