    firewall proxy settings? How would I get Kazzaa Lite to connect?

    Thanks

    Romulus

    Romulus, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Romulus

    Plato Guest

    Romulus wrote:

    > I have installed Kazaa Lite and I am behind a Norton Security firewall. For
    > some reason Kazaa Lite cannot connect to the web. Can this be because of the
    > firewall proxy settings? How would I get Kazzaa Lite to connect?

    What happened when you disabled your firewall? And, why do you insist on
    using an app that will most likely fill your PC with the latest
    trojans/virueses that the anti-virus
    makers havn't even addressed yet? Please explain in great detail why you
    need to self destruct.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Romulus

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:4091ddf9$0$37752$:

    > using an app that will most likely fill your PC with the latest
    > trojans/virueses that the anti-virus
    > makers havn't even addressed yet? Please explain in great detail why you
    > need to self destruct.

    File sharing is harmless to most people. The people you need to worry
    about are the idiots that see something called "music.mp3" when they have
    file extensions hidden, because we both know it is something like
    music.mp3.exe or music.mp3.vbs or similar. I've never seen a new virus on
    a filesharing network. Always things that a 2 year out of date AVG can
    pick up.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Romulus

    Plato Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:

    > > using an app that will most likely fill your PC with the latest
    > > trojans/virueses that the anti-virus
    > > makers havn't even addressed yet? Please explain in great detail why you
    > > need to self destruct.

    > File sharing is harmless to most people. The people you need to worry
    > about are the idiots that see something called "music.mp3" when they have
    > file extensions hidden, because we both know it is something like
    > music.mp3.exe or music.mp3.vbs or similar. I've never seen a new virus on
    > a filesharing network. Always things that a 2 year out of date AVG can
    > pick up.

    You're lucky. Due to my son using kazaa I get to play with just about
    every new bug a day or so before the anti-virus guys have a fix. Perhaps
    you're getting too old Mr. Berwick as you're not downloading the stuff
    new teenagers [aka 13,14 year olds] are downloading. Yes you would call
    my son would be an "idiot" as yes, he has no clue on file extensions nor
    does he care. He's got free 24/7 instant tech support assuming I'm
    in the mood, which often I'm not :)

    Plato, Apr 30, 2004