    the password and it never connects. No other window pops up. What am I doing
    wrong??

    Thanks Linda

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFlMTM1?=, Jan 14, 2005

  2. www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Re: Cannot connect my XP edition to my ME edition to open shared f

    Carey. I went through your website and performed the entire set of
    instructions and still the XP won't connect to the ME computer to open the
    files it sees in the "My Network Places".

    Linda

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFlMTM1?=, Jan 15, 2005
  4. Re: Cannot connect my XP edition to my ME edition to open shared f

    What is the exact error message you get and when do you get it?

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 15, 2005
  5. Re: Cannot connect my XP edition to my ME edition to open shared f

    I don't get an error message. The hourglass just stays on..........

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFlMTM1?=, Jan 15, 2005
  6. Re: Cannot connect my XP edition to my ME edition to open shared f

    The screen that pops up for me to input the password has 2 keys in the upper
    left corner. I did unistall Norton System Works on the ME computer. I thought
    the password manager may have been the cause...however, no it was not. I
    still cannot connect the XP to the ME....

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFlMTM1?=, Jan 15, 2005
  7. Re: Cannot connect my XP edition to my ME edition to open shared f

    Unshare everything on the ME computer and then reshare one folder and see if
    you can access it from the other PC.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 15, 2005