    and MAC filtering turned off on the router and disabled firewall on laptop.
    None of this helped...
    HELP!....
    =?Utf-8?B?RGVyZWs=?=, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Hi.
    As a long Shot.
    New laptop tend to load the original Brand's Wireless utility.
    Might be that you end up that Windows Zero Configuration and the Utility
    "compete".
    If both are On switch one of them Off.
    May be this can Help.
    Wireless Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.htmlOtherwise,
    you can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following these steps.
    Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
    Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
    is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
    Step Two Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify If the above two Steps indicates that
    every thing looks good but functionally it does not work.
    Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
    or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 4, 2006

  3. Thanks.
    I'll try that when I get home.
    The interesting thing is that the adapter/laptop worked fine when connecting
    to the old 802.11b router. No new software added to laptop. Only the new
    802.11g router.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVyZWs=?=, Apr 4, 2006
  4. Unfortunately this did not work. The option to click on wireless networks
    was not available. The adapter does not show up as a "ghost" drive and shows
    as working under system hardware.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVyZWs=?=, Apr 5, 2006
  5. Hi
    If it is working OK with the old Router, and does Not work with the new
    Router there is probably some mismatch between the Router and the Wireless
    card.
    Start with security Off on both Router and Laptop.
    Make sure that the DHCP server is On, and that the laptop's TCP/IP is on
    Auto obtain IP.
    Make sure that the Router is Not set to communicate Only with 802.11g
    signal.
    When it is working again set back the security.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 5, 2006