    behaviour with all the archive tools and different archive format!

    Any idea what could be wrong?

    Thanks

    esieens, Jan 26, 2007

  2. esieens <> wrote in message
    <>...

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having a weird issue. I have a huge Outlook pst (6GB) file that i
    > want to compress. I have tried WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip, WinAce and all
    > of them are compressiong succesfully my file. However, when I try to
    > open the archive I always get a CRC corruption! I get the exact same
    > behaviour with all the archive tools and different archive format!
    >
    > Any idea what could be wrong?

    Split the .pst into two or three parts using something like hjsplit.

    Google is over there ---->

    Xugdish the skunk-trafficker, Jan 26, 2007

  3. esieens

    esieens Guest

    thanks for sugggestion. I split the file in 1GB ones and still getting
    exactly the same problem.

    esieens, Jan 27, 2007
  4. "esieens" <> wrote in

    > thanks for sugggestion. I split the file in 1GB ones
    > and still getting exactly the same problem.

    Dear GoogleGrouper,

    You are most welcome! Do not hestitate to post again if the need
    arises. Our mission is to help others; but, our profound enjoyment comes
    from resolving riddles formulated by fringe elements who operate under
    delusions of grandeur. "He who posts the unresolvable problem wins!" is our
    secret motto. Please contact our support department to claim your prize.
    Remember that our service is always free and anonymous; and, we appreciate
    your business!

    If you're *not* happy, tell us; but, if you *are* happy, tell others.

    /s/
    GoogleGroups Management

    --

    "I am neither a racist nor am I biased!
    Statistics would appear racist and biased.

    Bucky Breeder, Jan 27, 2007
  5. esieens

    Mike Easter Guest

    esieens wrote:

    > I have a huge Outlook pst (6GB) file that i
    > want to compress.

    It is highly likely that the 6G file needs to be slimmed down first. It
    is probably full of stuff which doesn't even belong in the file
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/troubleshooting/solutions/292.mspx
    My Microsoft Outlook PST File Is Getting Too Large -- you need to know
    how to safely trim the size of this file and will probably also want to
    understand how to keep the file from growing this large again -- Source
    of the Problem -- How to Fix It

    you can also selectively archive items from various folders.

    > I have tried WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip, WinAce and all
    > of them are compressiong succesfully my file.

    I think you need to use OL to get things straightened out, cleaned up,
    and separately archived before you start trying to separately work on
    some .pst file whose size needs to be smaller than 400-500 meg.

    > Any idea what could be wrong?

    Your .pst file is way way too big 'organizationally' -- junked up. You
    need to fix that according to the MS advice and other OL archiving info
    sites

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 27, 2007