Cannot compose ,reply or send email on Sasktel email system

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pcbutts1, Jul 28, 2005.

  1. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jul 28, 2005

  2. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Norma Lovell, <> wrote:

    > Hi, I recently found out about the Sasktel email system.Tried to
    > access it but having problems with it.

    Hey, pretty girl. [From the bum on the corner]

    > I receive mail but cannot compose,reply,or send email on that system.

    You want to see what you're doing and get wise to it.

    > Thanks.

    Thanks for your time. I am looking forward to your reply.

    > Norma.

    I thought they taught you manners at St. Albans.

    > I tread the thin line between fantasy and fiction.

    Do your children still ask 'Why do we always stay at home watching TV?'

    Norma Lovell, Jul 28, 2005
  4. pcbutts1

    trout Guest

    Norma Lovell wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I recently found out about the Sasktel email system.Tried to access
    > it but having problems with it. I receive mail but cannot
    > compose,reply,or send email on that system. Thanks. Norma

    How are you accessing the system? If you are using Outlook Express,
    it will probably just be a matter of setting up the mail account
    properly. You could also access it with a browser, using a web
    interface.
    In either event; have a look at your ISP's site. See if they have
    instructions you can use, or use your Username and password for your
    account to log on, and get direct assistance from them.
    --
    Good luck.

    trout, Jul 28, 2005
  5. pcbutts1

    trout Guest

    trout wrote:

    > Norma Lovell wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I recently found out about the Sasktel email system.Tried to access
    >> it but having problems with it. I receive mail but cannot
    >> compose,reply,or send email on that system. Thanks. Norma

    > How are you accessing the system? If you are using Outlook
    > Express, it will probably just be a matter of setting up the mail
    > account properly. You could also access it with a browser, using a web
    > interface.
    > In either event; have a look at your ISP's site. See if they have
    > instructions you can use, or use your Username and password for your
    > account to log on, and get direct assistance from them.

    Whoops. Forgot the link:
    https://www.sasktel.net/index.html

    trout, Jul 28, 2005
  6. pcbutts1

    Wheaty Guest

    Norma Lovell babbled on about this

    > Hi,
    > I recently found out about the Sasktel email system.Tried to access it
    > but having problems with it. I receive mail but cannot
    > compose,reply,or send email on that system. Thanks. Norma

    Hi Norma,

    You need to ensure the option "My server requires authentication" is
    checked under the Servers tab in the account properties.

    --
    Wheaty

    I would much rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal
    labotomy....

    Wheaty, Jul 29, 2005