    do tofix this?
    Thanks
    Robin
    Robin, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Robin

    Trent SC Guest

    Go to Tools > Options and untick everything in the General tab, then go
    offline and close OE. Restart it, then try again. You should find it runs
    fine, and once you're done, you can reapply those ticks.

    "Robin" <> wrote in message
    > Every time I try to do maintainance in OE, it starts compacting folders

    and
    > then I get an error message saying the folder is in use by another

    program.
    > I don't think anything else is using my OE folders. Is there anything I

    can

    Trent SC, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Thanks
    Robin

    Robin, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Nope. Didn't work....
    Robin

    Robin, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Robin

    Trent SC Guest

    Hmm. In which folder did the error occur?

    Trent SC, Nov 4, 2004
  6. Robin

    Robin Guest

    It says "Folders..." and that's when it gives the error.
    Robin

    Robin, Nov 4, 2004
  7. reinstall OE

    David Hemingsley, Nov 4, 2004
  8. Robin

    Robin Guest

    ouch...
    Robin

    Robin, Nov 4, 2004
  9. Robin

    °Mike° Guest

    Back up all of your email and boot into Safe Mode.
    Delete or rename the folders.dbx file in your OE
    store folder. Turn off compacting in the background
    from Tools / Options / Maintenance.

    On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:52:48 -0500, in
    <>
    Robin scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 4, 2004
  10. Robin

    °Mike° Guest

    I suggest that you take no notice of that "advice".

    On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:42:55 -0500, in
    <>
    Robin scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 4, 2004
  11. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Thanks....
    Robin

    Robin, Nov 4, 2004
  12. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Oh I won't :)
    Robin

    Robin, Nov 4, 2004
  13. Robin

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:16:46 -0500, in
    <>
    Robin scrawled:

    >Thanks....
    >Robin
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Back up all of your email and boot into Safe Mode.
    >> Delete or rename the folders.dbx file in your OE
    >> store folder. Turn off compacting in the background
    >> from Tools / Options / Maintenance.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance