    you enter 0.

    Once you have done the above you will need to close down Firefox and go back
    in because one entry will still remain.

    Guest, Mar 26, 2009

  2. Guest

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:18:51 -0000, <> wrote:

    >Browse to about:config
    >And then scroll down to:
    >browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
    >And change the default. The default setting is 12 and if you want nothing,
    >you enter 0.
    >
    >Once you have done the above you will need to close down Firefox and go back
    >in because one entry will still remain.

    I wouldn't really call that a fix.

    Most programs to make a change like that require a exit / restart.

    Evan Platt, Mar 27, 2009

  3. Guest

    Guest

    wrote:
    > Browse to about:config
    > And then scroll down to:
    > browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
    > And change the default. The default setting is 12 and if you want nothing,
    > you enter 0.
    >
    > Once you have done the above you will need to close down Firefox and go back
    > in because one entry will still remain.

    I hate the firefox 3** versions. They have never worked right on any
    version of windows I have used, Sucks in linux the same. I hope they
    will consider keeping with 2***

    , Mar 27, 2009
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:18:51 -0000, <> wrote:
    >
    >>Browse to about:config
    >>And then scroll down to:
    >>browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
    >>And change the default. The default setting is 12 and if you want nothing,
    >>you enter 0.
    >>
    >>Once you have done the above you will need to close down Firefox and go
    >>back
    >>in because one entry will still remain.

    > I wouldn't really call that a fix.
    >
    > Most programs to make a change like that require a exit / restart.

    If it is not a fix then what is it?

    Guest, Mar 27, 2009
  5. Guest

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:06:40 -0000, <> wrote:

    >If it is not a fix then what is it?

    Umm I don't know. Like I said, most programs where you make a change
    like that, you need to shutdown and restart the program.

    My car stopped working the other day.

    Turns out, every once in a while, I need to put gas in it.

    Did I FIX the car? No.

    Same thing.

    Evan Platt, Mar 27, 2009
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:06:40 -0000, <> wrote:
    >
    >>If it is not a fix then what is it?

    > Umm I don't know. Like I said, most programs where you make a change
    > like that, you need to shutdown and restart the program.
    >
    > My car stopped working the other day.
    >
    > Turns out, every once in a while, I need to put gas in it.
    >
    > Did I FIX the car? No.
    >
    > Same thing.

    Evan I don't see why you are singling out the bit about restarting the
    browser? There are options that you need to change prior to this. At the end
    of the day why are you so concerned as to whether it is a fix or not? If you
    don't believe its a fix then so what?

    Guest, Mar 27, 2009
  7. Guest

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:49:40 -0000, <> wrote:

    >Evan I don't see why you are singling out the bit about restarting the
    >browser?

    Because, correct me if I'm wrong, that was the entire content of your
    message?

    >There are options that you need to change prior to this. At the end
    >of the day why are you so concerned as to whether it is a fix or not?

    Then what was the point of your message? Your subject was vague, the
    message body was also vague.

    >If you don't believe its a fix then so what?

    Just trying to ensure correct information. It's not a bug, therefore
    it's not a fix.

    Was your post an attempt to be a followup to someone's question? If
    so, there's no evidence to support this in your post. Completely new
    subject, no "References:" header - nothing.

    This would be like me stating
    Subject: "Car won't start or run - Fix"
    Body: "Put gasoline in it."

    Make senese now?

    Evan Platt, Mar 27, 2009
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:49:40 -0000, <> wrote:
    >
    >>Evan I don't see why you are singling out the bit about restarting the
    >>browser?

    > Because, correct me if I'm wrong, that was the entire content of your
    > message?
    >
    >>There are options that you need to change prior to this. At the end
    >>of the day why are you so concerned as to whether it is a fix or not?

    > Then what was the point of your message? Your subject was vague, the
    > message body was also vague.
    >
    >>If you don't believe its a fix then so what?

    > Just trying to ensure correct information. It's not a bug, therefore
    > it's not a fix.
    >
    > Was your post an attempt to be a followup to someone's question? If
    > so, there's no evidence to support this in your post. Completely new
    > subject, no "References:" header - nothing.
    >
    > This would be like me stating
    > Subject: "Car won't start or run - Fix"
    > Body: "Put gasoline in it."
    >
    > Make senese now?

    Evan the purpose of my message was to help fellow readers of the newsgroup.
    It was for information only. It was not following up on any particular issue
    previous. And if you look back at my message the restarting of the browser
    is the last step. Did you not read the below in my original message? All
    that was prior to restarting the browser.

    Guest, Mar 27, 2009
  9. Guest

    Jordon Guest

    Re: Cannot clear or erase browsing history in Firefox broswser -Fix

    wrote:
    > "Evan Platt" wrote in message

    >> Was your post an attempt to be a followup to someone's question? If
    >> so, there's no evidence to support this in your post. Completely new
    >> subject, no "References:" header - nothing.

    > Evan the purpose of my message was to help fellow readers of the newsgroup.
    > It was for information only. It was not following up on any particular issue
    > previous. And if you look back at my message the restarting of the browser
    > is the last step. Did you not read the below in my original message? All
    > that was prior to restarting the browser.

    It's 24hoursupport.jeopardy.helpdesk

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Mar 27, 2009
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Jordon" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> "Evan Platt" wrote in message

    >>> Was your post an attempt to be a followup to someone's question? If
    >>> so, there's no evidence to support this in your post. Completely new
    >>> subject, no "References:" header - nothing.

    >> Evan the purpose of my message was to help fellow readers of the
    >> newsgroup. It was for information only. It was not following up on any
    >> particular issue previous. And if you look back at my message the
    >> restarting of the browser is the last step. Did you not read the below in
    >> my original message? All that was prior to restarting the browser.

    > It's 24hoursupport.jeopardy.helpdesk
    >
    > --
    > Jordon

    Sorry youve lost me?