    Is the problem something to do with the way Firewalls and Norton Anti Virus
    have been set up ?

    All suggestions welcome.

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iUm9i?=, Jan 20, 2006

  2. I have the same problem as you discribed. Did you get an answer to your
    problem.

    Tom Turnage

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIFR1cm5hZ2U=?=, Jan 20, 2006

  3. RE: Cannot Browse Folders on other Computers After Running Network

    Tom,

    Not so far but keep your eyes peeled

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iUm9i?=, Jan 20, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iUm9i?=

    Dave Cox Guest

    Re: Cannot Browse Folders on other Computers After Running Network

    Folks,

    I had this problem. 2 networked PC's and then installed a Netgear wireless
    modem/router/firewall. The two PC's could see each other and the I could see
    the lap top on the network but as soon as I clicked on it, it was
    unavailable. The solution? I removed Norton from the laptop and every one
    could see each other.

    Oh.... and turn the wireless switch on on your laptop - that go me too.

    I dont know if you are in the UK but if you cant sent or rec mail via a 3rd
    party pop3 server, check the mail server. i set my sisters wireless up and
    her ISP insisted that the SMTP was set to her ISP, not the mail server.

    Hope this helps.

    Dave

    Dave Cox, Jan 20, 2006
  5. Re: Cannot Browse Folders on other Computers After Running Network

    Dave,

    Yes I am in the Uk and have no problems in sending/receiving mail from any
    of the computers. They also connect to the Internet.

    I have found a Microsft paper (http://support.microsft.com/kb/298804/en-us)
    which deals with my problem. It recommends turning all Firewalls off other
    than the one on the router. What do you think?

    My e-mail address is

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iUm9i?=, Jan 21, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iUm9i?=

    Pegleg Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 06:51:02 -0800, BobRob
    <> wrote:

    >However, when I run the windows Network Setup Wizard some of the computers
    >see some of the others but not all. This varies from computer to computer.
    >What is common to all three computers is that they cannot browse folders on
    >other computers even those these folders have been set up as shared.

    Same problem here!

    U.S. Navy Retired
    Support Our Troops,
    Question The Policy!

    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words:
    freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
    Sir Winston Churchill

    Pegleg, Jan 23, 2006