    incorrect. I am typing it in correctly, over and over again. I notice
    that when I click on OPTIONS, it makes the OK button vanish. Is there
    some way to make this work, besides reinstalling windows?

    alice, Jun 2, 2007

  2. alice

    Guest

    alice <> wrote:

    >I'm trying to boot my XP PC into safe mode (to fix another problem
    >with my DVD drive), but it won't let me. It says that my login is
    >incorrect. I am typing it in correctly, over and over again. I notice
    >that when I click on OPTIONS, it makes the OK button vanish. Is there
    >some way to make this work, besides reinstalling windows?

    So you can log in normally?

    Start | Run <type in>
    control userpasswords2
    <enter>

    Click on your account, then unselect the top option, you will be asked
    for your password Apply - then you won't be asked for a password for
    safemode.

    You really should run ERUNT before doing anything

    Girl getting dirty...
    http://tinyurl.com/2bay64

    , Jun 2, 2007