Cannot boot at all; not even in safe mode!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jimmy!, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. Jimmy!

    Jimmy! Guest

    Ahoy!

    Until upgrading to the full version, 64-bit was working fine (the trial
    version, that is). Now that I have obtained the full version of it, it
    won't boot up AT ALL! This is really starting to get at me since I have
    bought a 250gb HDD dedicated to the x64 platform. I have tried installing
    two different copies of x64 (one being my friends copy and the other mine)
    onto 1. a partitioned hard drive; 2. a completely different hard drive.
    What I don't understand is why the trial version ran fine and the full
    version does not even boot! It just simply reboots after I select it from
    the boot menu (ie, selecting which version of Windows to run).

    I have an AMD 64-bit 3200 processor; 1GB RAM; ATI Radeon X800PRO
    (overclocked in
    Windows 32-bit with ATI Tool but the overclocking is only done IN Windows
    not at start up); two Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD's
    (200gb/250gb); and an ASUS K8V SE Deluxe.

    I have no idea as to what's going
    on. So far, I have wiped the hard drive/partition 3 times and done
    re-installs of Windows.
    The BSOD error is as follows:

    ***STOP:0x0000007B (0xFFFFFADFE480F3C0, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034,
    0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

    I have searched this page:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324103 but it
    doesn't seem to help me very much. I also googled the error code and still
    I find nothing!

    Can anyone please help me (possibly the developers of x64-bit..surely they
    would know what the error code stands for)

    Thanks in advance,

    JimmY! :D

    Jimmy!, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Jimmy!

    Rick Guest

    The 0x0000007B in your error message is supposed to indicate the SATA
    drivers you used were not properly decorated. This has been a
    requirement since back in December. You need to go to www.viaarena.com
    and download the most recent drivers. Are you trying to use the OLD
    0.99 Betas?

    Rick, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Jimmy!

    Jimmy! Guest

    Hey Rick mate, I LOVE YOU SO DAMN MUCH (if this works, that is). You know,
    I have a feeling that I am using the old SATA RAID drivers! But they worked
    with the trial version though. :\ But anyway, thank you oh-so-much (if it
    works :p) and I will try it A.S.A.P

    Thanks again!

    JimmY! :D

    Jimmy!, Jul 23, 2005
  4. "Jimmy!" <> wrote in message
    > Ahoy!
    >
    > Until upgrading to the full version, 64-bit was working fine (the trial
    > version, that is).

    The "Trial" version is the same as the OEM version or as you call it, the
    Full version. The only difference between the two is that the "Trial"
    version expires in 120 days. You must be referring to a Beta version. And
    you need to follow Rick's advice. :)

    Wayne Wastier, Jul 23, 2005
  5. Jimmy!

    Jimmy! Guest

    Woo! Thank you so much RICK! I'm currently using x64 to post this comment
    :D You are a genius!

    Thanks once again!

    JimmY! :D

    *Thread closed*