    something I might be overlooking?

    Thanks,
    Faisal

    Faisal, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Faisal

    Faisal Guest

    More details:
    When I use the ping command with the computer name ("ping computername"), it
    receives all four packets. When I do "ping ipaddress", it receives all four
    packets. When I do "net view \\ipaddress", it receives all 4. However,
    when I do "net view \\computername", it tells me that the network path was
    not found.
    According to Microsoft's troubleshooting, this means that "computername" is
    being resolved to the wrong IP address. Is this right? And if it is, how
    would I go about fixing it (they conveniently decided to leave that step
    out)?

    Thanks!
    Faisal

    Faisal, Jul 7, 2003