    – then Mshome: It cannot find ANY other Mshome computers.

    I also cannot see my laptop from my desktop.

    Can anyone offer some help here?????

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FybGJlY2s=?=, Mar 13, 2007

  2. Hi
    If you are able to use the Internet from all computers than you trouble has
    nothing to do with Wireless, it is a haring issue.
    May be this can Help, successful Sharing involves some general consideration
    in Network settings, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 14, 2007

  3. Install the printer on the Host PC. Then using Control Panel | Network
    enable File & Printer Sharing and make sure you check the box to allow
    others to print to your printers. Next under Start | Settings | Printers,
    select the printer, check the box to share the printer and assign a name.
    Keep the name short and do not include any blanks.

    You should now be able to add the printer to your Guest PCs using Start |
    Settings | Printers & Faxes | Add Printer. Check the radio button "A
    network printer ..." and then either browse for the printer or enter its
    name (using \\PCName\PrinterName) and continue until finished. Ensure
    that the firewall on your XP PC is set to allow access to remote printers.
    If using XP's native firewall ensure that File and Printer Sharing is
    enabled and that the box with he same name is checked in the Firewall
    exceptions list. The PCName can be found at:

    Start>ControlPanel>System>Computer Name tab. It may look something
    like: "Home-66djksjcpv". Don't type the quotes.
    Click "Next" and it should install the printer on the Guest PC when
    it finds it.

    Note: You can follow the same procedure to get access to
    "Files" from one PC to the other.

    Hope this simple info statement helps. :~)
    --
    XP - WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    =?Utf-8?B?Qnl0ZQ==?=, Mar 15, 2007
  4. Hi I'm having the same problems with my laptop not being able to file share
    with my desk PC even though both can access the internet (laptop is
    wireless). Did you manage to fix the problem?

    I tried Ping from one to the other and the laptopp couldn't ping the PC but
    PC could ping the laptop. Results below:

    Paul

    Microsoft(R) Windows DOS
    (C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1990-2001.

    C:\DOCUME~1\PAULPH~1>ping 192.168.2.3

    Pinging 192.168.2.3 with 32 bytes of data:

    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

    Ping statistics for 192.168.2.3:

    C:\DOCUME~1\PAULPH~1>ping 192.168.2.2

    Pinging 192.168.2.2 with 32 bytes of data:

    Reply from 192.168.2.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
    Reply from 192.168.2.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
    Reply from 192.168.2.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
    Reply from 192.168.2.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

    Ping statistics for 192.168.2.2:

    C:\DOCUME~1\PAULPH~1>ping 192.168.2.1

    Pinging 192.168.2.1 with 32 bytes of data:

    Ping statistics for 192.168.2.1:

    C:\DOCUME~1\PAULPH~1>ipconfig

    Windows IP Configuration

    Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::217:3fff:fe29:65f0%4

    Ethernet adapter BT Broadband:

    Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%6
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

    Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5efe:192.168.2.2%2

    C:\DOCUME~1\PAULPH~1>

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBQaGFyZQ==?=, Mar 17, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Y2FybGJlY2s=?=

    Tim Guest

    Same Issues - Internet but no Ping

    I am having the same issue. Using a Linksys WRT54G wireless router with two laptops (XP Home and XP Pro) and a desktop (XP Home), can all connect to the internet, but not to each other.

    I can ping the router, but not the other computers. In fact, on an XP Home machine, I don't even get a response when I ping myself (the computer I'm on). How much sense does that make? I can ping myself on the XP Pro machine without any issue.

    I've setup networks time and again on NT, 98, 2K, and XP Pro. This is the first time I've really messed with XP Home. The Windows Firewall is turned off. Is there some other setting I'm missing? It has to be something really simple that I'm missing.

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Tim, Apr 21, 2007