    BIOS.

    I am running windowsxp, SP2 installed. All drivers up to date.

    Any ideas ?

    Ritter 197, Mar 13, 2008

  2. Ritter 197

    Kevin Guest

    "Ritter 197" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I want to get to the BIOS on my HP Pavillion Desktop a1610n with Athlon
    >64X2 4200+, socket AM2, chipset GEForce 6150LE with ASUS MB name:A8M2N-LA,
    >HP MB name: NodusM3-GL8E.
    >
    > Hitting F1 during startup gets me to a number of things, but not the CMOS
    > / BIOS.
    >
    > I am running windowsxp, SP2 installed. All drivers up to date.
    >
    > Any ideas ?

    How about F2? The options for entering setup or the bios should appear at
    the start of the POST splash screen on startup.

    Kevin, Mar 13, 2008

  3. Ritter 197

    Bruce Guest

    To access BIOS try tapping F2 and Delete alternately as it starts up.It's
    usually one of those.

    Bruce

    Bruce, Mar 13, 2008
  4. I have an HP a412n, that I _think_ is roughly equivelent to your machine. I
    get into BIOS with the ESC key during the initial boot sequence.

    Once you get in, there is a setting where the BIOS and other boot sequence
    informatiion is displayed onscreen. It sounds as if your current operation
    is a blank screen as the boot process is taking place, you can set this so
    the memory count and other things that happen anyhow are displayed as they
    happen. This screen information is where the directions to press ESC to
    change the BIOS settings flashes by.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 13, 2008
  5. I lied.

    My computer takes the F1 Key to get into the boot loader.

    But, I also have a HP a6120n, and the ESC Key is used to get into the boot
    loader. So, my lie wasn't so bad.

    Turn the machine on, and press and hold the ESC Key until the boot loader
    comes up.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 13, 2008
  6. Ritter 197

    Ritter 197 Guest

    I tried the ESC key and all it brings up is the BOOT SEQUENCE , like Floppy
    , Hard drive, CD ROM < Network.

    Nothing to get into the BIOS

    Ritter 197, Mar 13, 2008
  7. "Ritter 197" <> wrote in message
    >I tried the ESC key and all it brings up is the BOOT SEQUENCE , like
    >Floppy , Hard drive, CD ROM < Network.
    >
    > Nothing to get into the BIOS

    I get it, the F1 Key does something, just not enough. I saw that on my
    machine too.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 14, 2008
  8. Ritter 197

    Ritter 197 Guest

    I have done that. But I want to get to the BIOS, not Boot loader.

    Ritter 197, Mar 15, 2008
  9. I feel your pain. My a6120n gets me the same as your 1610, which is a
    completely different experience than my a4120n and my a6010n. All of my
    machines except the 6120 go to the BIOS, where I can change the boot
    sequence, select the HDD type, and set other stuff that I might want to be
    different for one reason or another.

    Only the 6120 gives a single setting, and not the setting I would want to
    change.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 15, 2008
  10. Ritter 197

    Kevin Guest

    "Ritter 197" <> wrote in message
    >I have done that. But I want to get to the BIOS, not Boot loader.

    Again, have you tried the F2 key? This is the key indicated by HP Technical
    Support that should get you into the BIOS. And, again, these options should
    be displayed on the splash screen as your machine boots up.

    Kevin, Mar 15, 2008
  11. Ritter 197

    Marvel Guest

    "Kevin" <> wrote in message

    > "Ritter 197" <> wrote in message
    >>I have done that. But I want to get to the BIOS, not Boot loader.

    > Again, have you tried the F2 key? This is the key indicated by HP
    > Technical Support that should get you into the BIOS. And, again, these
    > options should be displayed on the splash screen as your machine boots up.

    Are you tapping the F2 key early enough?

    Another option might be, download and burn a boot disk of Ultimate Boot CD,
    it has BIOS Tools

    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

    Marvel, Mar 16, 2008