    I guess it's one
    by default. Great camera.

    The software that comes with it is useless for editing photos.
    Beach Runner, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Beach Runner

    Roy G Guest

    "Beach Runner" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I finally got my first digital camera. I've been planning to get one
    > for how many years.
    >
    > The pictures from the beastie are really good. Easy to use, high
    > quality.
    > I got it the day of a trip to Sacramento, and read the directions on
    > the way there.
    > Immediately replaced the memory with a 2 gb card. After about 160
    > pictures,
    > erased about half, the original battery is still working.
    >
    > Yesterday I finally decide to try downloading. Worked like a champ.
    >
    > One thing I haven't figured out is how to use the image stabilization.
    > I guess it's one
    > by default. Great camera.
    >
    > The software that comes with it is useless for editing photos.

    Hi.

    I don't know the camera, but most Digicams are Ok. It is only after you have
    one for a while that you begin to notice design omissions.

    Most software you get with Cameras is useless.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Beach Runner

    Tiny Tim Guest

    Roy G wrote:
    > "Beach Runner" <> wrote in message
    >> I finally got my first digital camera. I've been planning to get one
    >> for how many years.
    >>
    >> The pictures from the beastie are really good. Easy to use, high
    >> quality.
    >> I got it the day of a trip to Sacramento, and read the directions on
    >> the way there.
    >> Immediately replaced the memory with a 2 gb card. After about 160
    >> pictures,
    >> erased about half, the original battery is still working.
    >>
    >> Yesterday I finally decide to try downloading. Worked like a champ.
    >>
    >> One thing I haven't figured out is how to use the image
    >> stabilization. I guess it's one
    >> by default. Great camera.
    >>
    >> The software that comes with it is useless for editing photos.

    > Hi.
    >
    > I don't know the camera, but most Digicams are Ok. It is only after
    > you have one for a while that you begin to notice design omissions.
    >
    > Most software you get with Cameras is useless.
    >
    > Roy G

    My girlfriend has just bought the Ixus 800 IS (UK equivalent of the SD700
    IS), largely based on my research and recommendation, plus a positive
    hands-on experience in store. I have to say that I am very impressed with
    the few test shots taken so far. It is much much nicer than my horrible
    (although well reviewed) Sony DSC-P200.

    There is lots of software supplied, including Canon ZoomBrowser, which I
    also got with my 30D. I've been making great use of this software to compare
    1,2,3 or 4 photos on one screen, zoom in on pixel detail, pull up exifs for
    all and also review the focus points of my 30D. It will optionally
    synchronise zooming and scrolling for all photos displayed or allow
    individual control. It seems an excellent piece of software. Here is a
    screen print showing it in use right now as I evaluate some test shots for
    exposure in preparation for a wedding (I'm not the official photographer,
    just a guest, but have been asked to contribute, and this my my first time
    with a D-SLR and I want to get the shots as good as I can - I certainly
    don't want to be outdone by the P&S brigade)...

    http://www.easytiger.plus.com/photos\MWSnap 2006-08-22_10_47_12.jpg

    I also like the Canon Digital Photo Professional software, supplied with the
    30D. It is fairly quick to use on my poor old PIII 900 laptop - much faster
    than ACR in PSE4 or PSCS2 - and allows me to adjust all the settings that
    could have been set in camera before the shot such as WB, Picture Style,
    tone, saturation, sharpness and RGB levels.

    On the other hand, the software supplied with my Sony P200 digicam is
    feature starved and really not worth installing. It lasted about 10 minutes
    on my machine before I dumped it
    Tiny Tim, Aug 22, 2006
  4. Beach Runner

    bitwisebob Guest

    On 21 Aug 2006 17:49:27 -0700, "Beach Runner" <>
    wrote:

    >One thing I haven't figured out is how to use the image stabilization.

    turn it on, not much more to it.

    Continuous mode is what I use on my S3IS. The panning mode is good if
    you are taking pictures of things moving side to side, I haven't used
    it much.

    ---
    Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
    Eugene Oregon
    bitwisebob, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    bitwisebob wrote:
    > On 21 Aug 2006 17:49:27 -0700, "Beach Runner" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >One thing I haven't figured out is how to use the image stabilization.

    > turn it on, not much more to it.

    Is it on by default?
    Beach Runner, Aug 23, 2006