  1. Does anyone have any comments about the use of a portable dye sublimation printer such as the Cannon CP-220?

    I'm thinking about buying one.

    Robert
    Robert Nabors, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Robert Nabors

    g n p Guest

    I have the CP 330 and love it (same printing mechanism).
    With a minimum of fuss you get excellent 4x6 prints.

    g n p, Nov 18, 2004

  3. "Robert Nabors" <> writes:

    > Does anyone have any comments about the use of a portable dye sublimation
    > printer such as the Cannon CP-220?
    >
    > I'm thinking about buying one.

    I don't have one, but when I was looking for a portable 4x6 printer, I noticed
    the following Wilhelm report on permanence for 4x6 printers:

    http://www.wilhelm-research.com/4x6/WIR_4x6_Prints_2004_10_02.pdf
    http://www.wilhelm-research.com/4x6/4x6_permanence_preview.html

    and I was surprised at the relatively low permenance to the two dye-subs listed
    (the Canon and the Olympus). Of course permanence isn't everything in a 4x6
    print. I ultimately decided on the HP 375B instead, because it better met my
    needs (specifically, that it took media cards to handl my pre-Pictbridge
    camera, but still had a battery).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Thanks for the comments.

    Bought the Cannon CP-220 but haven't used it as yet. The small size will
    fit in my with my 30 days away from home travel plans.

    Robert

    Robert Nabors, Nov 19, 2004