    Also, how do they compare with the Olympus 5050/5060?

    Thanks

    carlos

    carlos, Feb 5, 2004

  2. carlos

    Rick Guest

    "carlos" <> wrote in message news:bvt2he$htg$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am considering buying a digital camera, and after reading many reviews, I
    > am basically between the Cannon A80 and Cannon G5. Both reviews are good.
    > The one I read about the G5 says that perhaps one should choose the G3
    > instead, which seems to be better value (only difference the resolution).
    > The G3 seems to have been discontinued (at least in the UK), so I had a look
    > at the A80. The difference in prices between the A80 and the G5 is around
    > £100. Which one is better value for money?

    If you're just starting out in digital photography a G5 or G3 will
    give you more room to grow, as well as produce *much* better
    images than Canon's A-series cameras. If resolution isn't that
    important then definitely try and find a G3, as its image quality
    is marginally better than the G5 (less chromatic aberration).

    Rick

    Rick, Feb 5, 2004

  3. carlos

    R2D2 Guest

    "carlos" <> wrote in news:bvt2he$htg$:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am considering buying a digital camera, and after reading many
    > reviews, I am basically between the Cannon A80 and Cannon G5. Both
    > reviews are good. The one I read about the G5 says that perhaps one
    > should choose the G3 instead, which seems to be better value (only
    > difference the resolution). The G3 seems to have been discontinued (at
    > least in the UK), so I had a look at the A80. The difference in prices
    > between the A80 and the G5 is around £100. Which one is better value
    > for money?
    >
    > Also, how do they compare with the Olympus 5050/5060?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > carlos

    The G3 (and the G2) is the best out of the cameras you mentioned. You can
    still find a new G3 if you look, but the price is about the same as the G5.

    R2D2, Feb 5, 2004
  4. carlos

    zbzbzb Guest

    >If you're just starting out in digital photography a G5 or G3 will
    >give you more room to grow, as well as produce *much* better
    >images than Canon's A-series cameras. If resolution isn't that
    >important then definitely try and find a G3, as its image quality
    >is marginally better than the G5 (less chromatic aberration).
    >
    >Rick

    There is no visible difference in image quality between the G3 and an A80.

    zbzbzb, Feb 5, 2004