    wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
    professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
    powershot g5
    John Llort, Jan 27, 2004

  2. John Llort

    k Guest

    lol

    "John Llort" <> wrote in message
    news:bv49o6$oa1ve$-berlin.de...
    > Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and

    it
    > did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I

    am
    > forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this

    lens
    > and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
    > additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
    > squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
    > it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body

    only

    k, Jan 27, 2004

  3. John Llort

    The Dave© Guest

    > John Llort wrote:
    > Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds
    > and it did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I
    > return it I am forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did
    > not include this lens and no one told me that the lens is a seperate
    > issue and will cost me an additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a
    > second mortgage and cannot squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to
    > get a working product just like it is represented in the cannon site
    > and no one told me this was a body only configuration? IS there any
    > recourse here since my time is limited and I wanted to have this
    > ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good professional
    > looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular powershot g5

    You didn't read the advertising copy well enough. I would bet that it
    was mentioned somewhere. Besides, what Canon show's in their
    literature is not necessarily what a store will sell, nor should the
    store be expected to. Basically, you need to pay better attention.

    You took a second on your home for a camera?!? Sounds like you can't
    afford it to begin with.

    --
    The reason New Yorkers are so angry and depressed is because the light
    at the end if the tunnel is New Jersey.
    The Dave©, Jan 27, 2004
  4. John Llort

    fake name Guest

    In article <bv49o6$oa1ve$-berlin.de>,
    "John Llort" <> wrote:

    > Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and it
    > did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I am
    > forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this lens
    > and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
    > additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
    > squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
    > it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body only
    > configuration? IS there any recourse here since my time is limited and I
    > wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
    > professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
    > powershot g5

    I understand how you feel. Same happened to me when I bought the car. I
    saw this hot looking girl in the commercials, but once I signed the
    papers and took delivery of the car, the passanger seat was empty! I
    asked the dealer "where is the blonde?" and he looked at me like I was
    talking Martian.
    fake name, Jan 27, 2004
  5. John Llort

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "John Llort"

    >Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and it
    >did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site

    Before you guys get too excited read John's last name backwards ... I think the
    joke is on you guys responding to the post!
    Bill Hilton, Jan 27, 2004
  6. John Llort

    Gregg Guest

    Re: Cannon 1Ds did not include the lens - TROLL

    Freak'n TROLL

    Gregg, Jan 27, 2004
  7. John Llort

    Vin Guest

    In rec.photo.equipment.35mm John Llort <> wrote:
    > Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and it
    > did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I am
    > forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this lens
    > and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
    > additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
    > squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
    > it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body only
    > configuration? IS there any recourse here since my time is limited and I
    > wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
    > professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
    > powershot g5

    Im sorry about your misunderstanding of the product catalogue.
    Most pro bodies dont come with a lens. Even my D100 (not pro)
    didnt come with a lens although all the product information show
    it with one. There will be fine print somewhere in the catalogue
    or website that say that it doesnt come with a lens.

    If you really need some great results in the meantime, just get
    yourself the 50/1.8. It is extremely cheap. It will probably
    give you at least the same results, if not better, than the
    24-70/2.8L minus the zoom plus you get over 1 extra stop in
    light. (gives you a brighter viewfinder and better for
    low/natural light photography).

    --
    Vin
    Melbourne, Australia
    Vin, Jan 27, 2004
  8. John Llort

    Mark B. Guest

    "John Llort" <> wrote in message
    > Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and

    it
    > did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I

    am
    > forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this

    lens
    > and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
    > additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
    > squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
    > it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body

    only
    > configuration? IS there any recourse here since my time is limited and I
    > wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
    > professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
    > powershot g5

    Nice try.
    Mark B., Jan 27, 2004
  9. "John Llort" <> wrote in

    > Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds
    > and it did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I
    > return it I am forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did
    > not include this lens and no one told me that the lens is a seperate
    > issue and will cost me an additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a
    > second mortgage and cannot squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to
    > get a working product just like it is represented in the cannon site
    > and no one told me this was a body only configuration? IS there any
    > recourse here since my time is limited and I wanted to have this ready
    > for my nieces birthday party so I can take good professional looking
    > pictures since my other camera is only a regular powershot g5.

    Hi Jack! We were just talking about you...

    Canon upgraded this model, and it no longer needs any lenses - the
    wonder of digital. The dealer did you an enormous favor by not sending an
    unnecessary bit of equipment along, which would have cost you more in
    shipping.

    Moreover, it in now impossible to take a bad picture with any Canon
    camera. This includes all previously released models like the TL as well.
    Firmware upgrades.

    Except the g5. That sucks more than ever...

    - Al.

    --
    To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
    Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
    Al Denelsbeck, Jan 27, 2004
  10. John Llort

    Dave Guest

    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "John Llort"

    > >Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and

    it
    > >did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site

    > Before you guys get too excited read John's last name backwards ... I

    think the
    > joke is on you guys responding to the post!

    The 'John Llort' piece was done to death over on dpreview - it's terribly
    sad when a Troll can't conjure up new material.
    Dave, Jan 27, 2004
  11. John Llort

    Guest

    "John Llort" <> wrote:

    >When it arrived the body did not include this lens
    >and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
    >additional 1200 bucks,

    I can sympathize. I bought a car. About 300 miles later, it stopped
    working. At no time did the salesman tell me I needed to buy anything
    additional to make it work. I think that together, we might have the basis
    for a class action lawsuit. :)

    On the off chance that you're really serious... You just bought into
    Canon's professional line. If you don't know your yin from your yang, why
    are you buying a pro body? Most pro bodies are priced separately from the
    lenses. I don't know of *any* pro body that comes with a lens.
    , Jan 27, 2004
  12. John Llort

    The Yowie Guest

    Is this the model with the cap over the lens hole?
    If it is, just look closely and see if it's got a small pin size hole in it.
    If it has, this is the very latest Canon camera which works without a lens
    so why would you need the heavy, cumbersom, noisey zoom lens in the picture?
    Hey man, you got it all. Stop complaining!
    The Yowie
    ------------------------

    The Yowie, Jan 27, 2004
  13. John Llort

    PhotoMan Guest

    "John Llort" <> wrote in message
    > Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and

    it
    > did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I

    am
    > forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this

    lens
    > and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
    > additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
    > squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
    > it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body

    only
    > configuration? IS there any recourse here since my time is limited and I
    > wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
    > professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
    > powershot g5

    cannon doesn't make cameras OR lenses. You bought it from the wrong company.
    :)
    PhotoMan, Jan 27, 2004
  14. John Llort

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Al Denelsbeck" <> wrote in message
    > "John Llort" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds
    > > and it did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I
    > > return it I am forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did
    > > not include this lens and no one told me that the lens is a seperate
    > > issue and will cost me an additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a
    > > second mortgage and cannot squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to
    > > get a working product just like it is represented in the cannon site
    > > and no one told me this was a body only configuration? IS there any
    > > recourse here since my time is limited and I wanted to have this ready
    > > for my nieces birthday party so I can take good professional looking
    > > pictures since my other camera is only a regular powershot g5.

    > Hi Jack! We were just talking about you...
    >
    > Canon upgraded this model, and it no longer needs any lenses - the
    > wonder of digital........

    Must be that new eye control thing - it simply digitizes what you see.
    PhotoMan, Jan 27, 2004
  15. John Llort

    JohnO Guest

    Buy a Canon 50mm f/1.8 for about $70 and start saving your pennies for
    that 24-70 2.8L

    Can't wait to see the replies to this one :)

    JohnO, Jan 27, 2004
  16. What a stupid ****!
    Randall Ainsworth, Jan 27, 2004
  17. John Llort

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Randall Ainsworth" <> wrote in message
    > What a stupid ****!

    errr.........does that mean you believe him?
    PhotoMan, Jan 27, 2004
  18. John Llort

    John Llort Guest

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message

    > "Randall Ainsworth" <> wrote in message
    > > What a stupid ****!

    > errr.........does that mean you believe him?

    How Ironic.
    John Llort, Jan 27, 2004
  19. John Llort

    Mark M Guest

    Hey folks...
    John Llort is
    "Troll Nhoj" backwards.
    You've all been had.

    Mark M, Jan 27, 2004
  20. John Llort

    DM Guest

    This has *got* to be a joke, right?
    BTW one can take professional looking pictures with a G5 too.

    DM, Jan 27, 2004