    infinity adjustment on the lens barrel comes into play?

    Merci,
    -Doug

    Doug Freese, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Doug Freese

    Rutger Guest

    "Doug Freese" <> schreef in bericht
    news:45d596e7$0$24453$...
    > Can someone point me to some doc or explain how/when the Macro to infinity
    > adjustment on the lens barrel comes into play

    Asked like this: i'm afraid not. I really don't understand the question.
    What do you mean by macro to infinity on the barrel?

    What lens is an SI?

    Rutger

    --
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/sets

    Rutger, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Doug Freese

    King Sardon Guest

    On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:35:10 -0500, "Doug Freese" <>
    wrote:

    >Can someone point me to some doc or explain how/when the Macro to
    >infinity adjustment on the lens barrel comes into play?

    We don't shoot Cannons in this newsgroup.

    KS

    King Sardon, Feb 16, 2007
  4. On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:35:10 +0000, Doug Freese wrote:

    > Can someone point me to some doc or explain how/when the Macro to
    > infinity adjustment on the lens barrel comes into play?

    During focusing. Don't know what is SI though.

    --
    gautam

    Gautam Majumdar, Feb 16, 2007
  5. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    "King Sardon" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:35:10 -0500, "Doug Freese" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Can someone point me to some doc or explain how/when the Macro to
    >>infinity adjustment on the lens barrel comes into play?

    > We don't shoot Cannons in this newsgroup.

    Wise ass but there are always few in every group. By the way it's
    spelled Canon.

    To the others, sorry about the SI it's the 17-85 mm IS (Image stability)
    lens. See http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/lenses/17-85-is.htm The
    adjustment is see through area to the right of the words IMAGE
    STABILIZER. I'm using it on the Canon XTi. It's not clear in any of the
    documentation when or in what mode etc, it applies and what ot does.

    Hopefully this more infor.

    -Doug

    Doug Freese, Feb 16, 2007
  6. Doug Freese

    Bill Funk Guest

    wrote:

    >Can someone point me to some doc or explain how/when the Macro to
    >infinity adjustment on the lens barrel comes into play?
    >
    >Merci,
    >-Doug

    The obvious answer is that those markings give you an idea about how
    far from the lens the focus point is.
    If that isn't the answer you're looking for, maybe you could re-phrase
    the question.

    --
    Anna Nicole Smith's family and
    friends converged on the late

    Bill Funk, Feb 16, 2007
  7. Doug Freese

    Yoshi Guest

    Apparently an SI lens is used to photograph Sports Illustrated swimsuit
    models.

    Yoshi

    Yoshi, Feb 17, 2007