Canned Olympus exec hits back at Olympus

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Oct 18, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 05:20:06 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15352799?print=true

    You know, you can include a snippet or synopsis if you're so inclined.
    I can't speak for others, but for me this story needs a bit more to
    get me wanting to click the link and read more about it.

    If he egged the building or pissed on their lawn, that would be
    interesting. But I suspect he just had some strong words for them,
    which is not so interesting, so I'm not clicking.

    The only reason I'm bothering to write this is that at some point one
    of these link-only posts will actually link to something interesting,
    and I'll never know it. And, as they say, curiosity is the first
    virtue.
    John A., Oct 18, 2011

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 18, 11:49 am, John A. <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 05:20:06 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15352799?print=true

    > You know, you can include a snippet or synopsis if you're so inclined.
    > I can't speak for others, but for me this story needs a bit more to
    > get me wanting to click the link and read more about it.
    >
    > If he egged the building or pissed on their lawn, that would be
    > interesting. But I suspect he just had some strong words for them,
    > which is not so interesting, so I'm not clicking.
    >
    > The only reason I'm bothering to write this is that at some point one
    > of these link-only posts will actually link to something interesting,
    > and I'll never know it. And, as they say, curiosity is the first
    > virtue.

    Ok. He accused them of some kind of fraud involving banks in the
    Cayman Islands.
    RichA, Oct 18, 2011
  4. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/18/2011 11:49 AM, John A. wrote:
    > On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 05:20:06 -0700 (PDT), RichA<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15352799?print=true

    > You know, you can include a snippet or synopsis if you're so inclined.
    > I can't speak for others, but for me this story needs a bit more to
    > get me wanting to click the link and read more about it.
    >
    > If he egged the building or pissed on their lawn, that would be
    > interesting. But I suspect he just had some strong words for them,
    > which is not so interesting, so I'm not clicking.
    >
    > The only reason I'm bothering to write this is that at some point one
    > of these link-only posts will actually link to something interesting,
    > and I'll never know it. And, as they say, curiosity is the first
    > virtue.

    It's a rare time when a synopsis by rich is reasonably accurate.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 18, 2011
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 18, 1:55 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 10/18/2011 11:49 AM, John A. wrote:
    >

    > > On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 05:20:06 -0700 (PDT), RichA<>
    > > wrote:

    > >>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15352799?print=true

    > > You know, you can include a snippet or synopsis if you're so inclined.
    > > I can't speak for others, but for me this story needs a bit more to
    > > get me wanting to click the link and read more about it.

    > > If he egged the building or pissed on their lawn, that would be
    > > interesting. But I suspect he just had some strong words for them,
    > > which is not so interesting, so I'm not clicking.

    > > The only reason I'm bothering to write this is that at some point one
    > > of these link-only posts will actually link to something interesting,
    > > and I'll never know it. And, as they say, curiosity is the first
    > > virtue.

    > It's a rare time when a synopsis by rich is reasonably accurate.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    B-b-but what are your qualifications for making that statement??!!
    RichA, Oct 18, 2011
  6. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/18/2011 2:25 PM, RichA wrote:
    > On Oct 18, 1:55 pm, PeterN<> wrote:
    >> On 10/18/2011 11:49 AM, John A. wrote:

    >>> You know, you can include a snippet or synopsis if you're so inclined.
    >>> I can't speak for others, but for me this story needs a bit more to
    >>> get me wanting to click the link and read more about it.

    >>> If he egged the building or pissed on their lawn, that would be
    >>> interesting. But I suspect he just had some strong words for them,
    >>> which is not so interesting, so I'm not clicking.

    >>> The only reason I'm bothering to write this is that at some point one
    >>> of these link-only posts will actually link to something interesting,
    >>> and I'll never know it. And, as they say, curiosity is the first
    >>> virtue.

    >> It's a rare time when a synopsis by rich is reasonably accurate.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > B-b-but what are your qualifications for making that statement??!!

    A proven ability to read and communicate. We are still waiting for you
    to tell us your qualifications to pontificate. I imagine it will be a
    long wait.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 18, 2011
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 18, 3:33 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 10/18/2011 2:25 PM, RichA wrote:

    > >> It's a rare time when a synopsis by rich is reasonably accurate.

    > >> --
    > >> Peter

    > > B-b-but what are your qualifications for making that statement??!!

    > A proven ability to read and communicate. We are still waiting for you
    > to tell us your qualifications to pontificate. I imagine it will be a
    > long wait.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    But back to the subject at hand. IMO, unqualified, they were doing
    some kind of fleecing of the company coffers, in preparation for what
    I do not know. This smacks of Worldcom and Enron.
    RichA, Oct 18, 2011
  8. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/18/2011 5:48 PM, RichA wrote:
    > On Oct 18, 3:33 pm, PeterN<> wrote:

    >>> B-b-but what are your qualifications for making that statement??!!

    >> A proven ability to read and communicate. We are still waiting for you
    >> to tell us your qualifications to pontificate. I imagine it will be a
    >> long wait.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > But back to the subject at hand. IMO, unqualified, they were doing
    > some kind of fleecing of the company coffers, in preparation for what
    > I do not know. This smacks of Worldcom and Enron.

    Answer the question.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 19, 2011
  9. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >PeterN <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Answer the question.
    >>

    >You haven't asked any concrete questions, you just engage in rhetoric.

    PeterN is just a nasty, geriatric troll. He offers absolutely nothing
    here except personal abuse.

    So put him in your kill file, and forget about him.

    It works for me, except when you reply to him. ;-)
    Bruce, Oct 19, 2011
  10. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/18/2011 9:24 PM, Rich wrote:
    > PeterN<> wrote in

    >>> But back to the subject at hand. IMO, unqualified, they were doing
    >>> some kind of fleecing of the company coffers, in preparation for what
    >>> I do not know. This smacks of Worldcom and Enron.

    >> Answer the question.
    >>

    > You haven't asked any concrete questions, you just engage in rhetoric.

    OK Here it is AGAIN

    Exactly what are your engineering qualifications.

    Set forth precisely what you marketing qualifications.

    If you ask me my marketing qualifications, I will answer clearly that I
    have none. Therefore I don't pontificate on marketing strategy.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 23, 2011
  11. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/19/2011 8:25 AM, Bruce wrote:
    > Rich<> wrote:
    >> PeterN<> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Answer the question.
    >>>

    >> You haven't asked any concrete questions, you just engage in rhetoric.

    > PeterN is just a nasty, geriatric troll. He offers absolutely nothing
    > here except personal abuse.
    >
    > So put him in your kill file, and forget about him.
    >
    > It works for me, except when you reply to him. ;-)

    Point out one undeserved example. I have a low tolerance for bombastic
    comments and pompous asses.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 23, 2011
  12. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/18/2011 9:24 PM, Rich wrote:
    > PeterN<> wrote in

    >>> But back to the subject at hand. IMO, unqualified, they were doing
    >>> some kind of fleecing of the company coffers, in preparation for what
    >>> I do not know. This smacks of Worldcom and Enron.

    >> Answer the question.
    >>

    > You haven't asked any concrete questions, you just engage in rhetoric.

    Sound of foot tapping, patiently.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 23, 2011
  13. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/19/2011 8:25 AM, Bruce wrote:
    > Rich<> wrote:
    >> PeterN<> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Answer the question.
    >>>

    >> You haven't asked any concrete questions, you just engage in rhetoric.

    > PeterN is just a nasty, geriatric troll. He offers absolutely nothing
    > here except personal abuse.
    >
    > So put him in your kill file, and forget about him.
    >
    > It works for me, except when you reply to him. ;-)

    Does personal abuse include challenging the source of your comments? I
    guess it's is indeed personal abuse when I pose questions that are
    embarrassing to answer.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 23, 2011
  14. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 13:06:29 -0400, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 10/18/2011 9:24 PM, Rich wrote:
    >> PeterN<> wrote in

    >>> Answer the question.
    >>>

    >> You haven't asked any concrete questions, you just engage in rhetoric.

    >Sound of foot tapping, patiently.

    I think he's waiting for you to list your qualifications for
    evaluating the qualifications of others to post links to news stories
    on usenet.

    Or he put a silencer on his plonk-gun.
    John A., Oct 23, 2011