Candid "street" can be pretty

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Jul 15, 2012.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    tony cooper, Jul 15, 2012

  2. tony cooper

    Guest

    , Jul 15, 2012

  3. tony cooper

    Robert Coe Guest

    Robert Coe, Jul 15, 2012
  4. tony cooper

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    Alan Browne <> wrote:
    >On 2012-07-14 22:49 , tony cooper wrote:
    >> It's the dog that interested me. Really.
    >>

    >http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photography/Miscellanea/i-jv8rzGW/0/XL/2012-07-14-68-XL.jpg
    >>
    >> Shot earlier today.

    >Nice face and coy expression on the girl.

    Actually, she looks too much like a model in appearance, makeup, pose,
    and expression for this shot to look like a "candid" to me, even if it
    really is one.

    --
    Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
    pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor
    Paul Ciszek, Jul 15, 2012
  5. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:27:45 +0000 (UTC), (Paul
    Ciszek) wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >Alan Browne <> wrote:
    >>On 2012-07-14 22:49 , tony cooper wrote:
    >>> It's the dog that interested me. Really.
    >>>

    >>http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photography/Miscellanea/i-jv8rzGW/0/XL/2012-07-14-68-XL.jpg
    >>>
    >>> Shot earlier today.

    >>Nice face and coy expression on the girl.

    >Actually, she looks too much like a model in appearance, makeup, pose,
    >and expression for this shot to look like a "candid" to me, even if it
    >really is one.

    Actually, she appeared to be just a regular teenager. A pretty one,
    but just a teenager with her parents. I noticed her, and the dog, in
    the crowd. Also, there was a reason for the dog's get-up. The photo
    was taken at a street party fĂȘte in honor of Bastille Day (July 14th)
    hosted by a French restaurant and some other businesses in the Audubon
    Park neighborhood in Orlando.

    As part of the program, there was a contest of sorts for the Best
    Dressed Dog. I left before the contest started, so I don't know how
    this dog scored. Nor did I stay for the other event: fencing with
    long loaves of French bread.

    The girl did not pose. She wasn't aware I was photographing her.
    Just a lucky shot for me in catching that expression. One of the joys
    of candid photography is occasionally catching a grab shot exactly
    right.

    Here's another entry in the dog costume event:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64147677/2012-07-14-90.jpg
    I doubt if you'll wonder if this dog's owner is a model.

    I didn't read the rules of the dog costume event, they must have been
    pretty loose since these appear to be two other entries:

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64147677/2012-07-14-97.jpg

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 15, 2012
  6. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 13:23:58 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 22:49:06 -0400, tony cooper <>
    >wrote:
    >: It's the dog that interested me. Really.
    >:
    >: http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photography/Miscellanea/i-jv8rzGW/0/XL/2012-07-14-68-XL.jpg
    >:
    >: Shot earlier today.
    >
    >Never mind the dog. What I don't get is what interested the girl, to justify
    >that look. My best guess is that your 20-year-old grandson was along taking
    >pictures with you.

    My two grandsons, who were not with me, are aged 8 and 9; too young to
    appreciate her...but give them time.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 15, 2012
  7. tony cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/15/2012 2:36 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:27:45 +0000 (UTC), (Paul
    > Ciszek) wrote:
    >

    >> In article <>,
    >> Alan Browne <> wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photography/Miscellanea/i-jv8rzGW/0/XL/2012-07-14-68-XL.jpg

    >>> Nice face and coy expression on the girl.

    >> Actually, she looks too much like a model in appearance, makeup, pose,
    >> and expression for this shot to look like a "candid" to me, even if it
    >> really is one.

    > Actually, she appeared to be just a regular teenager. A pretty one,
    > but just a teenager with her parents. I noticed her, and the dog, in
    > the crowd. Also, there was a reason for the dog's get-up. The photo
    > was taken at a street party fĂȘte in honor of Bastille Day (July 14th)
    > hosted by a French restaurant and some other businesses in the Audubon
    > Park neighborhood in Orlando.
    >
    > As part of the program, there was a contest of sorts for the Best
    > Dressed Dog. I left before the contest started, so I don't know how
    > this dog scored. Nor did I stay for the other event: fencing with
    > long loaves of French bread.
    >
    > The girl did not pose. She wasn't aware I was photographing her.
    > Just a lucky shot for me in catching that expression. One of the joys
    > of candid photography is occasionally catching a grab shot exactly
    > right.
    >
    > Here's another entry in the dog costume event:
    > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64147677/2012-07-14-90.jpg
    > I doubt if you'll wonder if this dog's owner is a model.

    Models do before and after.

    PeterN, Jul 15, 2012
  8. tony cooper

    PeterN Guest