    can cancel a usenet post). Tia

    Regards,

    :K:

    Anna Hathis, Apr 5, 2005

  2. Anna Hathis

    Livewire Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
    > cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
    > can cancel a usenet post). Tia
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > :K:

    Assuming that you've actually sent it rather than put it in your outbox
    ready for the next send&receive, you're stuck I'm afraid. What's gone is
    gone!

    Livewire, Apr 5, 2005

  3. Anna Hathis

    #! Guest

    Livewire wrote:

    Fucking hell!, It's DeadShort!!

    I thought you scampered away years ago!

    --
    #!
    (Mr Floppy)

    #!, Apr 5, 2005
  4. Anna Hathis

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 5 Apr 2005 04:37:06 -0700, (Anna Hathis)
    wrote:

    >I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
    >cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
    >can cancel a usenet post). Tia

    Nope.

    And you can't cancel a usenet post.

    Well, ok, you can pretend to, but very few servers honor a cancel
    request.

    Evan Platt, Apr 5, 2005
  5. Anna Hathis wrote:

    > I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
    > cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
    > can cancel a usenet post). Tia

    If you know their password to email you can. Other than that, nope.

    Tell us all the embarrassing details, please.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 5, 2005
  6. Anna Hathis

    Ionizer Guest

    "Anna Hathis" <> wrote in message
    >I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
    > cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
    > can cancel a usenet post). Tia

    Here's a possible last-ditch solution to your problem that I read a while
    ago, and I can't remember where. You need to set this plan in motion
    before the person has had a chance to read their email: send that person a
    dozen more emails with the *exact same* subject line. Then, phone the
    recipient and advise them that your computer has a virus, which has caused
    it to send out multiple messages with the same subject line. Advise this
    person to immediately delete ALL of those messages without opening them,
    because they are infected!

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Apr 5, 2005
  7. Anna Hathis

    Plato Guest

    Anna Hathis wrote:

    > I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
    > cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
    > can cancel a usenet post). Tia

    No

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 6, 2005
  8. Anna Hathis

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: MORNING DIARRHOEA

    Duane Arnold, Apr 28, 2006
  9. Anna Hathis

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: Fateful brain disease from years of abuse

    Duane Arnold, Apr 28, 2006