Cancelling a Virgin internet account - Help needed.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Den, Sep 19, 2003.

  1. Den

    Den Guest

    Hello all - I wonder if anyone can help. A friend of mine is having problems
    cancelling her account with Virgin internet.. She actually phoned a number
    she found on the Virgin website, but it turned out to be an automated help
    service, and did not give her the info she needed. Unfortunately, it is not
    a direct debit that she has set up, it is a "switch" payment, and other than
    cancelling her account with the bank, she can not see any way of stopping
    this payment to Virgin being withdrawn each month.
    What I basically need to know is, could anyone tell me the number she can
    phone to cancel this internet account?

    Thanks in advance - Den.

    ---

    Den, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Den

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:43:31 +0100, Den wrote:

    >Hello all - I wonder if anyone can help. A friend of mine is having problems
    >cancelling her account with Virgin internet.. She actually phoned a number
    >she found on the Virgin website, but it turned out to be an automated help

    Since you didn't specify the phone number it's hard to suggest another
    without including it again.

    http://www.virgin.net/customers/internetaccess/
    Contact Us - is a feedback form.
    one of the options is billing.

    Change the payment details?

    Change to a pay as you go, i.e. cost added to phone bill then don't use
    the service.

    >service, and did not give her the info she needed. Unfortunately, it is not
    >a direct debit that she has set up, it is a "switch" payment, and other than
    >cancelling her account with the bank, she can not see any way of stopping

    This seems to be the common way of cancelling payments, kill the
    card/account.

    >this payment to Virgin being withdrawn each month.
    >What I basically need to know is, could anyone tell me the number she can
    >phone to cancel this internet account?

    <snip another useless broken AVG email sig in a Usenet post>

    email the support team, see
    http://www.virgin.net/customers/helpme/

    freephone suport line on 0800 052 4329

    http://www.virgin.net/about/faqs/#thirtyone
    I've got a complaint who should I contact?

    In the T&Cs for joining

    Virgin Net Limited (company number 2833330) whose registered office is
    at 120 Campden Hill Road, London W8 7AR.

    Post an abusive message to self, and get the account cancelled.

    Ask in the support newsgroup, if they have one.

    Me

    why?, Sep 19, 2003