    document in there with the status "deleting - printing".

    How do I get rid of this?

    - Daniel
    Daniel, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Daniel

    corinne Guest

    epson stylus photo 750

    please can someone help me.My friend doesn't know a lot about pc's so i said
    i'd try to help her.she has an epson printer, but althoguh i have an epson
    printer, it's not same model as hers,so has a different menu it
    seems.anywauy, her printer was working fine,then she went to print an
    internet page and now the page is in a queue.then even though u go to cancel
    it, it just freezes and then either says error printing or u go to delete it
    and it says deleting and doesn't. help i don't know what the heck to do.
    thanks
    corinne, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    >| Im running WIN XP Pro and have a Lexmark x75 all-in-one printer. I
    >| stopped a document from printing by cancelling it, but the printer
    >| icon is still in the taskbar, even after i logged off, i came back
    >| and its there again with a document in there with the status
    >| "deleting - printing".
    >|
    >| How do I get rid of this?
    >|
    >| - Daniel

    Could be something else, but it may be as simple as a damaged file in the
    spool directory. In Windows Explorer, try going to
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS and deleting any files in there.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Daniel

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:38:33 +1000, "Daniel" <>
    wrote:

    >Im running WIN XP Pro and have a Lexmark x75 all-in-one printer. I stopped a
    >document from printing by cancelling it, but the printer icon is still in
    >the taskbar, even after i logged off, i came back and its there again with a
    >document in there with the status "deleting - printing".
    >
    >How do I get rid of this?
    >
    >- Daniel

    Right-click "My Computer", select "Manage". Expand "Services and
    Applications", then click "Services". Scroll down the list to "Print
    Spooler", and click "Stop the Service". Once the service stops, click
    "Restart the Service". That will cancel the print request and remove the
    icon.
    Unk, Jul 11, 2004