    because as soon as you return the DVD, they may send out another.

    After you cancel, does your queue gets deleted, or does it simply become
    inactive until you re-subscribe again?

    peter, Mar 16, 2006

  2. peter

    Nonymous Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in news:WWmSf.12693$%e1.8030@trnddc05:

    > When you cancel a netflix subscription, does your subscription still
    > continue to be valid until the end of the paid period, or do you lose
    > the days from now till the end of the paid period?

    Don't know/remember.

    > Do you have to return all DVDs before you can cancel? This could be
    > tricky because as soon as you return the DVD, they may send out
    > another.

    If I remember correctly, when you go to the site to cancel, the site will
    then tell you to send any DVDs you have back. Once they get the DVDs back,
    they won't send you anymore and then they'll close your account down (make
    it inactive).

    > After you cancel, does your queue gets deleted, or does it simply
    > become inactive until you re-subscribe again?

    I canceled a couple years ago for about a year then came back. When I came
    back, my old queue was still there. Don't know if that's still the way it
    works or if an inactive queue 'expires' and goes away after some longer
    time.

    Nonymous, Mar 17, 2006

  3. peter

    wunnuy Guest

    peter wrote:
    > When you cancel a netflix subscription, does your subscription still
    > continue to be valid until the end of the paid period, or do you lose the
    > days from now till the end of the paid period?
    >
    > Do you have to return all DVDs before you can cancel? This could be tricky
    > because as soon as you return the DVD, they may send out another.
    >
    > After you cancel, does your queue gets deleted, or does it simply become
    > inactive until you re-subscribe again?

    When you cancel it's over. Make sure you return your DVDs and then
    cancel. It will not cancel until they have their DVDs back. but if
    you're paid for the next 28 days and you cancel today, it's over
    (unlike that nimrod a couple months back who was whining that he signed
    up, canceled the next day and then complained that they turned off his
    service). So I'd call up, cancel, make sure your disks are in the mail
    and you'll be done.

    wunnuy, Mar 17, 2006
  4. In article <WWmSf.12693$%e1.8030@trnddc05>, peter <>
    wrote:

    > When you cancel a netflix subscription, does your subscription still
    > continue to be valid until the end of the paid period, or do you lose the
    > days from now till the end of the paid period?

    I just canceled recently. You lose the days. So I'd cancel a day or
    two before the end of your billing month; that's what I did. The
    'Account' page on their web site makes it pretty clear when the renewal
    date is.

    > Do you have to return all DVDs before you can cancel? This could be tricky
    > because as soon as you return the DVD, they may send out another.

    No, you don't. Once you cancel, they'll stop sending any more DVDs,
    and instruct you to return the ones you have out within seven days to
    avoid being charged for them. Wunnuy is incorrect that you're "not
    cancel until they have their DVDs back" -- I canceled the day before my
    renewal date, and returned the movies about five days later. I
    certainly wasn't charged for another month.

    > After you cancel, does your queue gets deleted, or does it simply become
    > inactive until you re-subscribe again?

    It becomes inactive. I believe the e-mail I got said it would remain
    active for 90 days if you wanted to resubscribe.

    Barry McCockiner, Mar 17, 2006
  5. peter

    Tonester Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    > When you cancel a netflix subscription, does your subscription still
    > continue to be valid until the end of the paid period, or do you lose the
    > days from now till the end of the paid period?
    >
    > Do you have to return all DVDs before you can cancel? This could be tricky
    > because as soon as you return the DVD, they may send out another.
    >
    > After you cancel, does your queue gets deleted, or does it simply become
    > inactive until you re-subscribe again?

    If you pay for the entire month, you SHOULD get the whole month but I'm not
    sure it works that way. I'd wait until the day before it's up to cancel, you
    never know.

    But you SHOULD get the whole month you pay for, no matter when you cancel.

    Tonester, Mar 17, 2006
  6. peter

    wunnuy Guest

    Barry McCockiner wrote:
    > In article <WWmSf.12693$%e1.8030@trnddc05>, peter <>
    > wrote:
    > > No, you don't. Once you cancel, they'll stop sending any more DVDs,

    > and instruct you to return the ones you have out within seven days to
    > avoid being charged for them. Wunnuy is incorrect that you're "not
    > cancel until they have their DVDs back" -- I canceled the day before my
    > renewal date, and returned the movies about five days later. I
    > certainly wasn't charged for another month.

    I thnk you're misunderstanding me. I don't mean they're still going to
    keep sending you disks. As long as you have disks out after you
    canceled you can still be charged for them. Read my whole post please,
    I think you'll see I'm saying exactly what you're saying.

    wunnuy, Mar 17, 2006
  7. peter

    PastorVor Guest

    The cancel page makes it clear that you do not get the rest of the
    month.

    You are told that you have so many days to return the disks that you
    have out or you will be charged for them. (I thought it was 5 days)

    Once you hit that cancel button your account is supposidly canceled.

    I'm going to be doing that tonite so I'll let ya know in a few days.

    PastorVor, Mar 17, 2006
  8. In article <>,
    wunnuy <> wrote:

    > Barry McCockiner wrote:
    > > Wunnuy is incorrect that you're "not cancel until they have their
    > > DVDs back" -- I canceled the day before my renewal date, and
    > > returned the movies about five days later. I certainly wasn't
    > > charged for another month.

    > I thnk you're misunderstanding me. I don't mean they're still going to
    > keep sending you disks. As long as you have disks out after you
    > canceled you can still be charged for them. Read my whole post please,
    > I think you'll see I'm saying exactly what you're saying.

    I'm sure I just misinterpreted you, then. Here's the part I read that
    I disagreed with:

    > When you cancel it's over. Make sure you return your DVDs and then
    > cancel. It will not cancel until they have their DVDs back.

    That's the part that didn't make sense to me. Your membership WILL
    cancel even if they don't have their DVDs back. To me, "canceled"
    means they're not charging my credit card, and not shipping me anymore
    movies. The terms of the cancellation are that they'll charge their
    purchase price of the movies to your credit card if you don't get them
    back within a week of canceling. That's how it was explained on the
    cancellation page, anyway. Once I click that button, I'm done.

    I'm not sure why you'd need (or want) to return the DVDs before
    canceling. Unless you did it the same evening you dropped them in the
    mailbox, you'd end up with more movies on the way anyway. I watched
    mine before I mailed them back five days later. Why not? :D

    > So I'd call up, cancel, make sure your disks are in the mail
    > and you'll be done.

    Yup. I like that I can cancel the same way I signed up: online,
    without having to call and get the hard-sell to stay with them.

    Barry McCockiner, Mar 17, 2006
  9. peter

    wunnuy Guest

    Barry McCockiner wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >>

    > I'm sure I just misinterpreted you, then. Here's the part I read that
    > I disagreed with:
    >
    > > When you cancel it's over. Make sure you return your DVDs and then
    > > cancel. It will not cancel until they have their DVDs back.

    I was trying to imply that you want to get your DVDs back because if
    you have DVDs still out after you cancel you will get charged for them
    after a peroid, that's what I meant. I should have been more clear in
    what I was writing.

    wunnuy, Mar 17, 2006
  10. peter

    Tonester Guest

    "wunnuy" <> wrote in message

    > Barry McCockiner wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >>>

    >> I'm sure I just misinterpreted you, then. Here's the part I read that
    >> I disagreed with:
    >>
    >> > When you cancel it's over. Make sure you return your DVDs and then
    >> > cancel. It will not cancel until they have their DVDs back.

    > I was trying to imply that you want to get your DVDs back because if
    > you have DVDs still out after you cancel you will get charged for them
    > after a peroid, that's what I meant. I should have been more clear in
    > what I was writing.

    You have 30 days to return all DVD's before they charge you.

    Tonester, Mar 17, 2006
  11. peter

    Tonester Guest

    "PastorVor" <> wrote in message
    > The cancel page makes it clear that you do not get the rest of the
    > month.

    So even though you PAID for the month, you don't get the entire month? That
    makes no sense...don't you pay in advance?

    Tonester, Mar 17, 2006
  12. peter

    wunnuy Guest

    Tonester wrote:
    > "peter" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > But you SHOULD get the whole month you pay for, no matter when you cancel.

    No. You SHOULD get a whole month if you pay for it and are a member,
    NOT if you cancel. If you cancel before the month is up, why should you
    still get disks? You're not a member. What's to stop you from taking
    the disks they send you after your membership is over and sselling them
    on Ebay? Since you're not a member anymore, you're not bound by their
    contract. you can make it so they can't use your credit card, sell all
    the disks they send you and they can't do anything, so why in the world
    would they still send you disks after you've canceld? What's the point
    of canceling if you're not *really* canceling?

    wunnuy, Mar 17, 2006
  13. peter

    Tonester Guest

    "wunnuy" <> wrote in message

    > Tonester wrote:
    >> "peter" <> wrote in message
    >> >

    >> But you SHOULD get the whole month you pay for, no matter when you
    >> cancel.

    > No. You SHOULD get a whole month if you pay for it and are a member,
    > NOT if you cancel. If you cancel before the month is up, why should you
    > still get disks?

    Because you paid for the whole month up front I would think.

    You're not a member. What's to stop you from taking
    > the disks they send you after your membership is over and sselling them
    > on Ebay?

    The little thing you agreed to that says 'if we don't get our discs back we
    charge your credit card $20 a pop'

    Since you're not a member anymore, you're not bound by their
    > contract. you can make it so they can't use your credit card, sell all
    > the disks they send you and they can't do anything, so why in the world
    > would they still send you disks after you've canceld? What's the point
    > of canceling if you're not *really* canceling?

    Again, prepaid month. And it may work that way, I don't know.

    Tonester, Mar 17, 2006
  14. peter

    wunnuy Guest

    Tonester wrote:

    > Because you paid for the whole month up front I would think.

    And it clearly states you pay for a whole month as a member, if you
    cancel, you are not a member. Why would you think you should still get
    disks?

    > You're not a member. What's to stop you from taking
    > > the disks they send you after your membership is over and sselling them
    > > on Ebay?

    > The little thing you agreed to that says 'if we don't get our discs back we
    > charge your credit card $20 a pop'

    Right, and you cancel your membership, you can also set it up so they
    can't charge your credit card after you're no longer a member, then
    what does netflix do to get the disks back you stole after canceling
    your membership? See how it works?

    > Again, prepaid month. And it may work that way, I don't know.

    a prepaid month on the basis you're a member, not just prepaid and you
    can quit and do what you want.

    wunnuy, Mar 17, 2006
  15. peter

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <19ESf.5373$>,
    Tonester <> wrote:

    > "PastorVor" <> wrote in message
    > > The cancel page makes it clear that you do not get the rest of the
    > > month.

    > So even though you PAID for the month, you don't get the entire month? That
    > makes no sense...don't you pay in advance?

    It could be their position that you know when your account gets renewed
    every month, you should just wait until then to cancel. If you do it
    earlier, not their problem.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Mar 18, 2006
  16. peter

    Tonester Guest

    "wunnuy" <> wrote in message

    > Tonester wrote:
    >> >

    >> Because you paid for the whole month up front I would think.

    > And it clearly states you pay for a whole month as a member, if you
    > cancel, you are not a member. Why would you think you should still get
    > disks?
    >>

    >> You're not a member. What's to stop you from taking
    >> > the disks they send you after your membership is over and sselling them
    >> > on Ebay?

    >> The little thing you agreed to that says 'if we don't get our discs back
    >> we
    >> charge your credit card $20 a pop'

    > Right, and you cancel your membership, you can also set it up so they
    > can't charge your credit card after you're no longer a member, then
    > what does netflix do to get the disks back you stole after canceling
    > your membership? See how it works?

    Actually, I really don't care. I can't believe I've wasted this much time
    trying to teach you something. Nevermind. Go away.

    Tonester, Mar 18, 2006
  17. peter

    wunnuy Guest

    Tonester wrote:
    > "wunnuy" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > Actually, I really don't care. I can't believe I've wasted this much time
    > trying to teach you something. Nevermind. Go away.

    baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahah

    You were trying to "teach" me something? What could you possibly teach
    me? How to play with little Star War toys or how to hang out at the
    7-11 on a Saturday night? classic!

    wunnuy, Mar 18, 2006
  18. peter

    PastorVor Guest

    What you feel you SHOULD get and what you ACTUALLY get is often two
    different things in this world.
    I've not subscribed to HBO in a while but I'm fairly certain I would
    not get a refund for a partial month if I canceled in the middle of the
    month. I wouldn't EXPECT to either.

    I'm sure that their thinking on the issue is that you are more than
    welcome to continue using thier service up to the end of your paid
    month. If YOU chose to end the contract then YOU forfeit any remaining
    rentals you may have comming.

    I intend to wait until they show ALL of my DVD's as returned before
    hitting that cancel button. That way if something gets "lost in the
    mail" I cannot get popped for $20
    It was quite a simple matter to remove all of my movies from my queue
    so I will not get any new DVD's sent to me.

    PastorVor, Mar 21, 2006
  19. peter

    Tonester Guest

    "PastorVor" <> wrote in message
    > What you feel you SHOULD get and what you ACTUALLY get is often two
    > different things in this world.
    > I've not subscribed to HBO in a while but I'm fairly certain I would
    > not get a refund for a partial month if I canceled in the middle of the
    > month. I wouldn't EXPECT to either.

    No you would not get a refund, but you would be able to watch HBO for the
    entire time that you already paid for...ie the rest of the month.

    Tonester, Mar 21, 2006
  20. peter

    wunnuy Guest

    Tonester wrote:
    > ">
    > No you would not get a refund, but you would be able to watch HBO for the
    > entire time that you already paid for...ie the rest of the month.

    No you wouldn't. You cancel the service, it ends. You might get a
    couple extra days after you cancel, but you cancel yoru HBO service two
    days into the month, your service is over. About six months ago a
    friend of mine had HBO and did this very thing and was moving at the
    end of the month, but canceled his service at the beginning thinking it
    would just go through the month and it didn't.

    Is this more of you attempting to "teach" us something that you have no
    idea of which you speak?

    wunnuy, Mar 21, 2006