    that will be dificult to reassemble? Anyone here have experience with
    this camera? By the way, it still works , but I think that the
    seperation of the case may become a problem.

    mstrspy, Dec 26, 2006

  2. mstrspy

    DHB Guest

    On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:26:41 GMT, mstrspy <> wrote:

    >My daughter's Canon A95 was dropped on a hard surface.

    She should consider herself very lucky, most such run-ins with gravity
    don't do as well. This is why P&S cameras come with a wrist strap &
    should *always* be used, especially true for the smaller P&S cameras.

    >The only damage that I see is the clip that holds the strap has
    >broken off and the top piece that houses the zoom switch and
    >shutter release is lifted. I tried pressing it back and looks like
    >it should snap on but it won't. It looks like I can pry the entire
    >piece off and look at what is hanging it up.

    The canon A95 is held together with several small Philips screws so I
    would not try to pry it open without 1st removing the appropriate
    screws. If you remove the correct 1's, you may be able to remove &
    properly replace the panel. Someplace I recall seeing step-by-step
    photo guide that shows which screws to remove & replace to disassemble
    & reassemble it. In your case you hopefully just need to know which
    screws to loosen/remove & then reinstall them in order to get it back
    together correctly.

    Search the Internet & hopefully you find it & it will help.

    >If I do this, will I end up with a bunch of loose parts that will
    >be dificult to reassemble? Anyone here have experience with
    >this camera? By the way, it still works , but I think that the
    >seperation of the case may become a problem.

    Only you can answer this based on seeing what is involved & if you
    think it's something you can handle. Don't even try it without a
    precision Philips screwdriver of the correct size, good lighting & a
    very clean work area. Also a local camera repair shop might be worth
    getting a cost estimate from especially since this is likely a very
    simple repair for them & they will have the correct tools.

    Best of luck, do try to find the photo disassembly guide if your
    considering tying this. If I come across it again, I'll post it.

    Respectfully, DHB

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    DHB, Dec 27, 2006

  3. mstrspy

    grruffbowwow Guest

    mstrspy wrote:
    > My daughter's Canon A95 was dropped on a hard surface. The only damage
    > that I see is the clip that holds the strap has broken off and the top
    > piece that houses the zoom switch and shutter release is lifted. I
    > tried pressing it back and looks like it should snap on but it won't.
    > It looks like I can pry the entire piece off and look at what is
    > hanging it up. If I do this, will I end up with a bunch of loose parts
    > that will be dificult to reassemble? Anyone here have experience with
    > this camera? By the way, it still works , but I think that the
    > seperation of the case may become a problem.

    Exactly the same thing happened with my father's A80 a year ago; I
    loosened up a bunch of tiny Phillips screws and then got the whole
    thing to snap back together. It was minimally invasive "surgery", I
    didn't open the camera up at all but I only backed the screws off until
    the piece could be gently snapped back into it's place and then
    re-tightened them. I'd recommend against trying to pry it off, I think
    it's attached inside to the rest of the similarly-colored plastic.

    Good luck.

    grruffbowwow, Dec 27, 2006