    Besides "Brotherhood of the Wolf" and "EXistenZ", what other DVDs have
    different incarnations in Canada than the US? I LOVE my 3 disc
    Brotherhood set (though some subtitles would've helped).
    Robby, Sep 24, 2004

  2. "Robby" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Besides "Brotherhood of the Wolf" and "EXistenZ", what other DVDs have
    > different incarnations in Canada than the US? I LOVE my 3 disc
    > Brotherhood set (though some subtitles would've helped).

    The original Trainspotting (single disc)
    Tad Bitt§ï£, Sep 25, 2004

  3. Robby

    Jim Pulles Guest

    Robby wrote:
    > Besides "Brotherhood of the Wolf" and "EXistenZ", what other DVDs have
    > different incarnations in Canada than the US? I LOVE my 3 disc
    > Brotherhood set (though some subtitles would've helped).

    Some differences are good, others not-so-good:

    Good Will Hunting has different extra features

    The first release of Pulp Fiction had commentary and features not on the
    U.S. release

    The Straight Story was originally released only as full frame in Canada

    Many Disney discs have a French soundtrack as well as English at the
    expense of an English dts track

    Early Alliance-Atlantis releases had minor differences from their U.S.
    counterparts... usually the addition of a French language track (instead
    of Spanish)
    Jim Pulles, Sep 25, 2004
  4. Robby

    Ocelot Guest

    Jim Pulles <> wrote in message news:<4155994a$>...
    > Robby wrote:
    > > Besides "Brotherhood of the Wolf" and "EXistenZ", what other DVDs have
    > > different incarnations in Canada than the US? I LOVE my 3 disc
    > > Brotherhood set (though some subtitles would've helped).

    > Some differences are good, others not-so-good:
    >
    > Good Will Hunting has different extra features
    >
    > The first release of Pulp Fiction had commentary and features not on the
    > U.S. release
    >
    > The Straight Story was originally released only as full frame in Canada
    >
    > Many Disney discs have a French soundtrack as well as English at the
    > expense of an English dts track
    >
    > Early Alliance-Atlantis releases had minor differences from their U.S.
    > counterparts... usually the addition of a French language track (instead
    > of Spanish)

    I'll also add:

    Meet The Feebles Canadian release was the only NTSC version for a long
    time. That may have changed now that Peter Jackson is a tad more
    famous with some films about hobbits and orcs and stuff. ;-)

    Taxi (Luc Besson) -- the Region one version of this film is Canadian
    only and only available in Quebec because the disc has no english on
    it (even subtitles). There is a legitimate Region 3 release of all
    three Taxi films in Hong Kong though.
    Ocelot, Sep 26, 2004
  5. Robby

    Allan Guest

    Some are listed here:

    http://www.dvd-plus.com/catalog_search.asp?action=canadian

    On 24 Sep 2004 10:13:35 -0700, (Robby) wrote:

    >Besides "Brotherhood of the Wolf" and "EXistenZ", what other DVDs have
    >different incarnations in Canada than the US? I LOVE my 3 disc
    >Brotherhood set (though some subtitles would've helped).

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_
    Allan, Sep 26, 2004