    More details at
    <http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050929.gtcopyrights
    ep29/BNStory/Technology/>.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:14:13 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > At the same time, the Canadian Recording Industry Association has
    > released the results of a couple of surveys it has conducted, claiming
    > that people who download music without paying are more likely to cheat
    > on exams and be shoplifters. Yes, really...

    Takes one to know one.

    Satistics, satistics and damn lies.

    Follow the money.
    Gordon, Oct 1, 2005

  3. On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:41:37 +1200, someone purporting to be Gordon didst
    scrawl:

    > On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:14:13 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> At the same time, the Canadian Recording Industry Association has
    >> released the results of a couple of surveys it has conducted, claiming
    >> that people who download music without paying are more likely to cheat
    >> on exams and be shoplifters. Yes, really...

    > Takes one to know one.
    >
    > Satistics, satistics and damn lies.
    >
    > Follow the money.

    Now wait just a second. You're not alleging at CRIA distorted the facts
    in order to try and achieve their goal of legislated perpetual copyright
    that can only be held by big business, are you? That's just so utterly
    unbelievable. What on earth would give you that kind of idea?
    </tongue-in-cheek>

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."
    Matthew Poole, Oct 1, 2005
  4. T'was the Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:14:13 +1200 when I remembered Lawrence
    D'Oliveiro <_zealand> saying something like
    this:

    >At the same time, the Canadian Recording Industry Association has
    >released the results of a couple of surveys it has conducted, claiming
    >that people who download music without paying are more likely to cheat
    >on exams and be shoplifters. Yes, really...

    Next they'll be telling me that those people who pirate music
    masturbate as well. All these social faux pas.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 1, 2005
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    shannon Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > T'was the Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:14:13 +1200 when I remembered Lawrence
    > D'Oliveiro <_zealand> saying something like
    > this:
    >

    >>At the same time, the Canadian Recording Industry Association has
    >>released the results of a couple of surveys it has conducted, claiming
    >>that people who download music without paying are more likely to cheat
    >>on exams and be shoplifters. Yes, really...

    > Next they'll be telling me that those people who pirate music
    > masturbate as well. All these social faux pas.
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.

    Thats what happens when you do a survey on IRC
    They shouldnt have done that
    They shouldve got Colmar Brunton to do a phone poll
    Now thats accuracy.
    shannon, Oct 1, 2005
  6. T'was the Sat, 01 Oct 2005 22:39:42 +1200 when I remembered shannon
    <> saying something like this:

    >They shouldve got Colmar Brunton to do a phone poll
    >Now thats accuracy.

    Unless you don't own a phone:(
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 1, 2005
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    shannon Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > T'was the Sat, 01 Oct 2005 22:39:42 +1200 when I remembered shannon
    > <> saying something like this:
    >

    >>They shouldve got Colmar Brunton to do a phone poll
    >>Now thats accuracy.

    > Unless you don't own a phone:(
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.

    woops I missed out the sarcasm tags
    shannon, Oct 1, 2005
  8. In article <>, shannon <> wrote:

    >Waylon Kenning wrote:
    >> T'was the Sat, 01 Oct 2005 22:39:42 +1200 when I remembered shannon
    >> <> saying something like this:
    >>

    >>>They shouldve got Colmar Brunton to do a phone poll
    >>>Now thats accuracy.

    >> Unless you don't own a phone:(
    >>

    >woops I missed out the sarcasm tags

    Was that meant to be sarcastic?