    computer #2 with no success. Can this be made to work this way or is this
    attempt doomed to failure?

    Thanks a lot.

    David Leslie, Jan 16, 2005

  2. David Leslie

    Tony Guest

    "David Leslie" <> wrote in message
    news:lGsGd.40$...
    > My WiFi card will not install. I have a broadband router and a DWL-800AP+
    > wireless repeater/access point and as an alternative I tried to connect my
    > 2 PC's by physically connecting the DWL-800AP+ to the ethernet card in
    > computer #2 with no success. Can this be made to work this way or is this
    > attempt doomed to failure?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

    Probably doomed to failure. You need to have the option to use the AP as a
    client such as you can with the DWL-700AP. I use a DWL-700AP as a client
    with a linux box because I haven't had time to figure out how to get a
    wireless USB adaptor to work with it and it works fine.

    Tony, Jan 16, 2005

  3. David Leslie

    David Leslie Guest

    Hmm - that's a thought. I might see if I can change it to a 700AP with a
    firmware change.

    Thanks

    David Leslie, Jan 16, 2005