    So both sides are right. You can make do and produce some good work
    with a lower-tier camera but you have every right to expect one camera
    to work as well as another in the same price range.

    RichA, Jun 1, 2011

  2. We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
    drugs began to take hold. I remember RichA <> saying
    something like:

    >But what it you had to work with a camera that had a sub-par LCD or
    >none, AF so bad you had to solely resort to MF, and no WB? Could you
    >work with it? Sure, it's called an SLR, circa 1985.

    Of course. I routinely drag out my 1920s and 30s German plate cameras.
    Funny thing is, they work just as well as they did all those years ago.

    Grimly Curmudgeon, Jun 12, 2011

  3. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    RichA wrote:

    > Inevitably, people will compare like style cameras. They will cite
    > one as having faster focusing, one as being better at high ISO's,
    > etc. They are right to do so. There is no reason to settle for a
    > second-tier camera in the same price range as a better camera.

    <edited for brevity>

    Why agonize over such trivial things, Metal Man? After all, you've
    muddled through your whole miserable life, with a "subpar" >brain<!

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 30, 2011