    possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
    router? If so how?

    Thanks

    SS, Nov 17, 2007

  2. SS

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Nov 17, 2007

  3. SS

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:24:11 GMT, SS wrote:

    >I have just gone 'wireless' with a Belking Router. I was wondering if it was
    >possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
    >router? If so how?
    >
    >Thanks

    No difference, a router connects (networks) computers together. Your
    method ftp, sharing folders needs setup just the same way.

    How, the usual list of networking links search 24HSHD

    You didn't say what OS, so no point in reposting the links or specific
    XP home networking.

    If you look for the message ID
    <>
    at
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
    there is some XP links.

    then 1 of the general lists from a Plato post
    <4670c994$0$189$>

    there are others, now you know what to look for.

    Me

    why?, Nov 17, 2007
  4. SS

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:24:11 GMT, SS wrote:

    > I have just gone 'wireless' with a Belking Router. I was wondering if it was
    > possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
    > router? If so how?
    >
    > Thanks

    In xp you can right click on the folder and turn on file sharing.
    In vista, right click and click "share".

    richard, Nov 17, 2007
  5. SS

    SS Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:24:11 GMT, SS wrote:
    >
    > > I have just gone 'wireless' with a Belking Router. I was wondering if it

    was
    > > possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
    > > router? If so how?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > In xp you can right click on the folder and turn on file sharing.
    > In vista, right click and click "share".

    OK ta. But when these are 'shared' then how do I then 'look' at those
    folders from another machine?

    By the way I have 3 - 98SE, XP and Vista - just to be awkward!

    SS, Nov 18, 2007
  6. SS

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:15:15 GMT, SS wrote:

    >"richard" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:24:11 GMT, SS wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have just gone 'wireless' with a Belking Router. I was wondering if it

    >was
    >> > possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
    >> > router? If so how?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    >> In xp you can right click on the folder and turn on file sharing.
    >> In vista, right click and click "share".

    >OK ta. But when these are 'shared' then how do I then 'look' at those
    >folders from another machine?

    You read the guide
    http://compnetworking.about.com/b/2005/03/10/windows-network-file-sharing.htm
    posted by sittingduck

    >By the way I have 3 - 98SE, XP and Vista - just to be awkward!

    This is the sort of thing you mention in your 1st post.

    That's not awkward, it's all Win and will easily work. File sharing
    works across Win 2000 / XP / Solaris / Linux and FreeBSD on the same
    router..

    Me

    why?, Nov 18, 2007