Can you save all files in folder as one .txt doc?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Pun Krocker, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Hi,

    Is it possible with Mozilla to save a complete folder of emails as one
    ..txt doc?

    I used to do this with The Bat! email client and would like to do same
    with Mozilla, I have a lot of Yahoo groups mail in filtered folder and I
    save them every week or so for reference and store to CD, to select
    all and save as one doc was very handy and quicker than saving
    individual mails.

    Thanks
    --
    d{ò_ò}b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Pun Krocker

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Pun Krocker wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible with Mozilla to save a complete folder of emails as one
    > .txt doc?
    >
    > I used to do this with The Bat! email client and would like to do same
    > with Mozilla, I have a lot of Yahoo groups mail in filtered folder and I
    > save them every week or so for reference and store to CD, to select
    > all and save as one doc was very handy and quicker than saving
    > individual mails.
    >
    > Thanks

    A folder in Mozilla mail/news IS already one large text file containing
    all the emails/messages. Go to your profile folder in Windows and look
    in the Mail sub-folder. You'll see files that have no extension and
    names corresponding to the names of the folders in Mozilla. Those are
    plain text files. Open them with Notepad or some other editor and
    you'll see that all the messages are in that one file. The same-named
    files with the extension .msf are index files and should NOT be backed
    up; they will be recreated by Mozilla as needed.

    See the following links:

    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_profile.html
    http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
    http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq/profile.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Ed Mullen said the following on 09/02/2004 21:25:

    > A folder in Mozilla mail/news IS already one large text file containing
    > all the emails/messages. Go to your profile folder in Windows and look
    > in the Mail sub-folder. You'll see files that have no extension and
    > names corresponding to the names of the folders in Mozilla. Those are
    > plain text files. Open them with Notepad or some other editor and
    > you'll see that all the messages are in that one file. The same-named
    > files with the extension .msf are index files and should NOT be backed
    > up; they will be recreated by Mozilla as needed.
    >
    > See the following links:
    >
    > http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_profile.html
    > http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
    > http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq/profile.html

    Cheers Ed, thanks for that, I have it all sorted out now.

    Regards

    Pun Krocker, Feb 9, 2004