    answers. TIA!

    ---

    Carol
    What's Up!, Jan 3, 2006

  2. What's Up!

    Erick Guest

    Yes, it's possible, and quite easy in some cases.

    In Yahoo Messenger's friends list, select "Actions" from the menu, the
    choose "Send an Instant Message..."

    In the next window, select the second tab labelled "Other Contact". Type in
    your own name and press ENTER.

    A message window will now show up. Type your message, press ENTER and the
    message will instantly echo back to you.

    "What's Up!" <> wrote in message
    Simple question, answer may not be so simple. Can you send instant messages
    to yourself? And how can it be done? Someone insists that it is *not*
    possible, but others say it is; by adding yourself to your buddy list, by
    signing in under two different passports (using MSN Messenger), by opening
    two IM windows at once. All of which this one person claims is not possible.
    I'm going to try Googling for any possible answers, but I thought I'd drop a
    request here, in case some of the knowledgeble members want to contribute
    answers. TIA!

    ---

    Carol
    Erick, Jan 3, 2006

  3. What's Up!

    Jim P Guest

    Yes you can
    I came across a program that would allow you to have two IM programs running
    at once.
    You could log on with the same screen name or different screen names.
    Hope this helps

    Jim P

    Jim P, Jan 3, 2006
  4. What's Up!

    What's Up! Guest

    Top posted.

    Has anybody done this using MSN Messenger and/or Windows messenger? Could
    you not open one IM window signing in under one passport, and then open
    another window after signing in another? And then converse back-and-forth
    bewtween IM windows? Someone claiming to be in the know, says the above is
    impossible, and than anyone who knows anything about a PC knows this. So, I
    thought I'd ask the PC experts of alt.computer, I know that there are
    posters here who *do* know their stuff.

    I've gotten help in my 'newbie' days when I kissed WebTV goodbye and bought
    a P-lll 500 with 256 MB RAM and an 8 GB Seagate HD. Three years later I've
    progressed to a P-lV 2.53 GH with 1 GB RAM and an 80 GB Western Digital HD.
    I do all my own maintenance too! But I am not IM saavy, I have seen screen
    shots taken by someone running two IM programs at once, and conversing with
    himself. But this one guy insists it's impossible to run two windows of MSN
    or Windows Messenger at the same time without majorly screwing up your PC.

    And a somewhat related question, can the 'To' field in the IM program show
    your address, instead of the address of the person who you are IM'ing with.
    Same dude as in the above (below) situation making the claim here. He says
    some plugin' using Messenger Plus! does this. I downloaded Messenger Plus!
    and my 'To' field still shows the screen name of the person I am IM'ing, not
    mine. I think the guy is full of... well you know what? He must think I'm
    idiot because I am female or something. I'm no expert, still in the learning
    process, so I leave these questions to those who have the knowledge and
    expertise. I'll be back to read replies, and perhaps send Mr. PC Know-it-all
    Wannabe this way, as I expect he has some things to learn.

    --
    Carol
    Contessa of Consternation

    Autistic Spectrum Code v.1.0
    AS? d- s--:+ a+ c+ p+ t-- f S+ p@- e+ h- r- n+(-) i+ P m-() M

    http://www32.brinkster.com/ascdecode/decode.asp

    "I have run rings around you logically". Monty Python

    Email at , removing the 'nospam' and replacing
    with 'msn'.
    What's Up!, Jan 4, 2006
  5. What's Up!

    Erick Guest

    I think MSN/Windows Messenger cannot do that. If I remember correctly,
    because of it's rather embedded nature with Windows, it knows when the
    messages are going to the same computer. I've never tried it to confirm, as
    I refuse to install either on my computers (I even go so far as to manually
    remove Windows Messenger after a load).

    Erick, Jan 6, 2006