Can you guess the focal length?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George Preddy, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. George Preddy, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Justin F. Knotzke, Nov 12, 2003

  3. George Preddy

    Darrell Guest

    600mm f:8 Stigma mirror with a 3x Stigma teleconverter= 1,200mm f:16
    x1.7=2,040mm. Mounted on a cheap plastic tripod

    Darrell, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Right answer, wrong math.

    How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?

    George Preddy, Nov 12, 2003
  5. George Preddy

    Darrell Guest

    why is the math wrong? Price, why Nobody sells Sigma cameras here in Ottawa

    Darrell, Nov 12, 2003
  6. George Preddy

    Kevin Guest

    On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 04:12:23 +0900, "George Preddy"
    <> wrote:

    >How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?

    A penny? I figured the clues were given with your obsession with
    shooting pennies.
    --
    E-mail:

    Kevin, Nov 12, 2003

    <> wrote:

    >>How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?
    >>

    > A penny? I figured the clues were given with your obsession with
    > shooting pennies.

    Overpriced.

    Jeff Zawrotny, Nov 12, 2003
  8. George Preddy

    Mark M Guest

    > Right answer, wrong math.
    >
    > How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?

    Yugo automobiles were similarly cheap.

    Mark M, Nov 14, 2003
  9. "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > Right answer, wrong math.
    > >
    > > How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?

    > Yugo automobiles were similarly cheap.

    But they didn't outperform the competition by any measure.

    The answer is, it's about the same cost a low MP count, interpolated (yuck),
    Canon 10D body all by its lonesome.

    George Preddy, Nov 14, 2003
  10. George Preddy

    Mark M Guest

    > "Mark M" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > > Right answer, wrong math.
    > > >
    > > > How about a total price, including the very cool tripod?

    > > Yugo automobiles were similarly cheap.

    > But they didn't outperform the competition by any measure.
    >
    > The answer is, it's about the same cost a low MP count, interpolated

    (yuck),
    > Canon 10D body all by its lonesome.

    I'll keep my 10D, thanks.

    Mark M, Nov 14, 2003
  11. George Preddy

    Guest

    In message <bp24ep$aeu$>,
    "George Preddy" <> wrote:

    >The answer is, it's about the same cost a low MP count, interpolated (yuck),
    >Canon 10D body all by its lonesome.

    Color is more accurate than the SD9, from what I've seen. The SD9 is
    supposed to be more accurate at the pixel level, in theory, but the
    filters used have an unnecessarily high Q, and not enough sensitivity to
    properly reconstruct color.

    THERE ARE NO DISTINCT-RGB SENSORS, PER SE, IN THE SD9.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Nov 15, 2003
  12. SPP2 (Re: Can you guess the focal length?)

    <> wrote in message
    > In message <bp24ep$aeu$>,
    > "George Preddy" <> wrote:
    >
    > >The answer is, it's about the same cost a low MP count, interpolated

    (yuck),
    > >Canon 10D body all by its lonesome.

    > Color is more accurate than the SD9, from what I've seen.

    Color isn't set by the SD-9. Most reviews rate the SD-9 higher. even though
    it probably costs them money to say so. With the release of SPP2 it's
    higher still.

    > The SD9 is
    > supposed to be more accurate at the pixel level, in theory, but the
    > filters used have an unnecessarily high Q, and not enough sensitivity to
    > properly reconstruct color.
    >
    > THERE ARE NO DISTINCT-RGB SENSORS, PER SE, IN THE SD9.

    Have you seen the SD-9 histogram?

    And have you notced anything interesting about SSP2? It processes RGB
    differently, it fixes some clipping issues and changes the default tone of
    yellows (as a minimum, I'm still playing with it). It also shows that the
    very overexposed, next to underexposed, highlight blooming phenomenom wasn't
    sensor charge leaking as many had thought, including me. It's fixed with
    SPP2. It'll be interesting to see the new night scenes.

    George Preddy, Nov 15, 2003