    finding them in person has proven to be impossible, and finding
    recommended versions online has been difficult.

    Any suggestions?
    SoHillsGuy, Jun 13, 2006

  2. SoHillsGuy

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On 13 Jun 2006 13:29:34 -0700, "SoHillsGuy" <>
    Gave us:

    >I finally decided that it was time to buy a DVD recorder, and it seemed
    >that a player with a hard drive (such as the 80GB versions) were the
    >smart way to go. I merely want to be able to edit some VHS tapes down
    >to DVD and I assumed the hard drive versions would provide more
    >flexibility than editing on-the-fly with a simple DVD recorder.
    >
    >Now I can't even find quality ones to buy in person. BestBuy and
    >CircuitCity don't even stock them anymore.
    >
    >I've heard that Pioneer and Panasonic were the brands to go after, but
    >finding them in person has proven to be impossible, and finding
    >recommended versions online has been difficult.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    Do all of you searching online to find the one that has the
    feature/value set you want, then go hunting for the physical device in
    your locale.

    There are recorders incorporated into *some* HDTV tuners. Also, if
    they downconvert, you can see HDTV on your regular TV as well as
    record it and other signals.

    http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=157
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 13, 2006