    I don't see why not, I can just copy it like any
    other disk, can't I?

    (I have not tried yet obviously).

    Bazzer Smith, May 1, 2006

  2. Bazzer Smith

    Pen Guest

    "Bazzer Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:IJq5g.21554$...
    >I just made a recovery DVD for my HP computer, however
    > it says you can only make one.
    > Can I make a copy of the disk for extra security.
    > I don't see why not, I can just copy it like any
    > other disk, can't I?
    >
    > (I have not tried yet obviously).

    Yes you can make a backup duplicate. The message is that the HP program
    to make the original only allows one disk.

    Pen, May 1, 2006

  3. Bazzer Smith

    Bazzer Smith Guest

    "Pen" <> wrote in message

    > "Bazzer Smith" <> wrote in message
    >>I just made a recovery DVD for my HP computer, however
    >> it says you can only make one.
    >> Can I make a copy of the disk for extra security.
    >> I don't see why not, I can just copy it like any
    >> other disk, can't I?
    >>
    >> (I have not tried yet obviously).

    > Yes you can make a backup duplicate. The message is that the HP program
    > to make the original only allows one disk.

    Fair enough. I am not sure why they have this restriction though.

    Before, on my old computer I make a 'recovery harddrive' by simply
    copying the contents of the main drive onto a smaller slave drive,
    I am pretty sure this worked ok.
    Indeed it did because what actually happened was I bought a new drive
    and copied the old drive onto the new drive and used the new drive
    as my master, thus the old drive was automatically a backup which I
    could use by making it the master again.
    Thinking along the same lines, could I simply copy my current drive
    onto a DVD and use that as a recovery DVD?
    Obviously the entire contents would not fit on a DVD but I
    could omit the stuff stuff which was obvioiusly not necessary.

    Bazzer Smith, May 2, 2006
  4. Bazzer Smith

    Guest

    Bazzer Smith wrote:
    > "Pen" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Bazzer Smith" <> wrote in message
    > >>I just made a recovery DVD for my HP computer, however
    > >> it says you can only make one.
    > >> Can I make a copy of the disk for extra security.
    > >> I don't see why not, I can just copy it like any
    > >> other disk, can't I?
    > >>
    > >> (I have not tried yet obviously).

    > > Yes you can make a backup duplicate. The message is that the HP program
    > > to make the original only allows one disk.

    > Fair enough. I am not sure why they have this restriction though.

    Ignore that. As long as you only ous it on the one computer, there's no
    problem. HP is overstepping.

    > Before, on my old computer I make a 'recovery harddrive' by simply
    > copying the contents of the main drive onto a smaller slave drive,
    > I am pretty sure this worked ok.

    You can clone, it's not the same as copying. There are utilities to do
    this. Undoubledly someone mill recommend a good one.

    > Indeed it did because what actually happened was I bought a new drive
    > and copied the old drive onto the new drive and used the new drive
    > as my master, thus the old drive was automatically a backup which I
    > could use by making it the master again.
    > Thinking along the same lines, could I simply copy my current drive
    > onto a DVD and use that as a recovery DVD?

    Depends on the utility you choose.

    > Obviously the entire contents would not fit on a DVD but I
    > could omit the stuff stuff which was obvioiusly not necessary.

    , May 2, 2006
  5. Bazzer Smith

    Plato Guest

    Bazzer Smith wrote:

    > I just made a recovery DVD for my HP computer, however
    > it says you can only make one.
    > Can I make a copy of the disk for extra security.
    > I don't see why not, I can just copy it like any
    > other disk, can't I?

    In theory yes, you should be able to do it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 2, 2006
  6. Bazzer Smith

    Uplink Guest

    Just copy the DVD to your computer, then copy the files on your computer to
    another DVD and keep doing that. Remember to delete it from your computer
    after

    Uplink, May 3, 2006