    types interfere with each other??

    cheers for any comments or advice (-:

    Martin
    Martin, Feb 8, 2009

  2. Martin

    Richard Guest

    Re: Can you connect a sky aerial and a uhf aerial together to thesame wall socket?

    Martin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I only have a sky dish on the roof and want to put a UHF/VHF aerial up but
    > the cabling is built into the walls and goes to 7 wall sockets around the
    > house from a junction box in the roof - can I join the UHF/VHF cable to
    > where the sky aerial cable goes into the junction box or will both signal
    > types interfere with each other??
    >
    > cheers for any comments or advice (-:
    >
    > Martin

    Yes, its called a diplexer, you put one at the roof end, and one at each
    TV to stop the satillite signal being messed up by being connected to a
    RF input.

    Clayworth on the north shore sell them, as antronic1 on trademe, so just
    ask if there are none listes - you dont want a vhf/uhf diplexer - thats
    not going to do you any good.

    Also a VHF antenna is pretty much redundant since all the stuff you get
    on it are on freeview, UHF is all you need to get freeview HD coming in.
    Richard, Feb 8, 2009

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Martin wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I only have a sky dish on the roof and want to put a UHF/VHF aerial up
    >> but
    >> the cabling is built into the walls and goes to 7 wall sockets around the
    >> house from a junction box in the roof - can I join the UHF/VHF cable to
    >> where the sky aerial cable goes into the junction box or will both signal
    >> types interfere with each other??
    >>
    >> cheers for any comments or advice (-:
    >>
    >> Martin

    > Yes, its called a diplexer, you put one at the roof end, and one at each
    > TV to stop the satillite signal being messed up by being connected to a RF
    > input.
    >
    > Clayworth on the north shore sell them, as antronic1 on trademe, so just
    > ask if there are none listes - you dont want a vhf/uhf diplexer - thats
    > not going to do you any good.
    >
    > Also a VHF antenna is pretty much redundant since all the stuff you get on
    > it are on freeview, UHF is all you need to get freeview HD coming in.

    thanks - just the info I was after cheers martin
    Martin, Feb 8, 2009